SAY WHAT. . . ?

Discussion in 'Help' started by michaelwells, Jun 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

I have been patiently waiting for about a year, now, to upgrade my Voodoo Cannons to Level 5. The added bonuses that come with the upgrade are great. I am happy about that. My problem is, I am level 20. I don't have Crowns to upgrade the Cannons with. In addition, I feel that 50 Crystals is an unreasonable "fee" to upgrade 2 Cannons, despite how nice these added features may be. Also consider how many Cannons it took just to get to this point.

So I am putting forth 3 suggestions.

Suggestion 1: Can the Crown requirement be waived, and the Crystal fee be lowered to upgrade the Cannons?

I can almost guarantee, if this does not change, it will require Crowns and large amounts of Crystals to upgrade Doomhammers and Devastators to Level 5.

About now, some of you may be thinking, "Why doesn't he just Level up to 21?"

Simply put, I don't want to deal with what I consider to be the "hassles" up on those Maps. I don't want to spend Pearls on a Sellsword. I don't want to spend on the other personnel "recommended". I don't want to go through the confusion of figuring out what order I need to fulfill certain requirements to continue to Level up, etc. I'm sure it is a lot of fun for some of you. I have no problem with that. :) For me, personally, I don't want to deal with that stuff. I play at the end of my day, and I am usually pretty tired. I just want to relax and have some fun. Fight, Scroll, Shinies, etc. I am happy at Level 20, at least for now.

And as a customer, I don't feel that I should have to do that. I shouldn't be "forced" to have to Level up to acquire any kind of game currency made "mandatory" to the continued building of the boat. I should be able to access this currency, no matter what Level I am at. I should be able to keep my boat competitive, despite being a lower Level than others.

Suggestion 2: Make Crowns available in the Payment Section, same as Pearls and Crystals.

Suggestion 3: Create daily Quests to acquire Crowns in Maps 2 - 20. I know this has been mentioned before. It would also make transitioning to the higher Maps easier for the players who desire to do so.

Let me know what you think, below.

2. They just trying to force players to test up if want the stuff but it's going to backfire on them just like the prices for things all these paynent pack vip black market, no new players to game and if do sticker shock on cost they quit and then the players not willing to test up will quit the game also due to people that either spend massive amounts of money to get so they can stroke their egos over sinking people who want spend period. So you either test and spend or not soon see massive amount of almost dead servers again. Coming Soon watch!

3. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

I am of similar views, although I have reached level 26 in my crusade to personally determine whether or not the Commonwealth maps were worth the initial efforts. The time which I have wasted trudging through quite complex quests or test requirements in my very limited available playtime was definitely not worthwhile in my opinion. I have therefore decided that the extra investment is not worthy of the time needed to proceed any further up the levels.

Neither do I believe that gameplay should be encouraged or 'forced' in any way, shape or form by the management in order to create revenue streams for their ailing and failing company, due to the declining numbers of players that are understandably unwilling to spend more of their hard earned cash on this game. This type of decision should always be left to the fee paying players to level up and entirely at their own pace, without any fear of missing out on particular gaming components which are needed to continue to maintain their ships strength or indeed make any improvements to their ship.

The amount of items for sale on this game has reached epidemic and ridiculous proportions. This is clearly a desperate attempt by Bigpoint to recover large amounts of revenue that it has been foolish enough to lose in the first place, by it's evident mis-management and incompetence, all combined with it's early and ongoing failure to take notice of it's customers valuable and sensible feedback.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  4. HMS-Indefatigable

HMS-Indefatigable Someday Author

I agree with the above comments. Gaming wise this is a geriatric (very old game) and has long been mismanaged. It is towards the end of it's lifecycle and though they are milking it and putting absolutely minimal investment back into the game and it shows in how they have lost control and essentially ceded to the 3rd party exploits. They could be on top of this with more funds devoted to it but would it leave the Global Europe 6 and other servers with empty maps? Possibly as a result of perma banning. As mentioned by others I have not really observed that many new players as when I last played years ago. Some are additional accounts/boats by players

What used to be a fairly simple game has turned into so many offers, options and upgrades that many would need a 2nd job just devoted to pay Seafight for all this or those choosing not to pay would need to have SeaFight as their full-time job just to stay competitive and progress to the upper maps. Frankly it shows desperation to get every bit of money they can. It's nuts! I am not doing all that and will play my own game which means I can walk away from this anytime.

5. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Okay, I disagree with all of the comments posted in this thread so far.

Firstly to your comment that you can not gain Crowns, as you are not level 21+, I believe that you can get Crowns from the VCM Bloodfangs and VCM Blizzards.

Secondly, I fundamentally disagree that you should be able to have access to the same features as players who have levelled up. To start with, players who have spent time and effort in levelling up should be able to benefit from completing these tests. Just how previously increasing your elite level increased your Cannon Damage, those who put effort and time in should benefit. One of the core fundamental objectives of the game is to level up your pirate level, and as such it should be encouraged for pirates to level up.

It has been a long time problem of "maxed" out boats staying level 15 to benefit from the Amaterasu Raid. This has been complained about by almost every player, and now that BigPoint is introducing incentives for them to level up to stay competitive, players are also complaining.

Already we have seen the introduction of the Monthly Login Bonus which is encouraging players who are level 5 or below to level up to level 6, in order to gain 5 Voodoo Cannons.
    The Vovoi Quests are encouraging players to level up to level 12 in order to gain 5 Voodoo Cannons.
    We have seen the introduction now of Level 5 Voodoos encouraging players to level up to level 21 to gain Level 5 Voodoo Cannons with the extra benefits.
    The Commonwealth Raid has been introduced to encourage levelling to level 26, this is one of the most profitable features of the game, with players being able to gain over a 1 Million Pearl Profit each day.

Having spoken to a couple of Developers on Discord, I can also say that they plan further introductions of features which will benefit and encourage players to level up.

My advice, level up to level 21, complete the 10 Warrior and 10 Renown quest each day for 5000 Crowns and you shall begin levelling up with minimal effort yet still working towards the new levels and new features. You also have to keep in mind that it is likely more levels shall be released next year, so you might as well start working towards it.

Being a level 30, I can say that the 21-25 tests are a bit boring, however very easy. The 25-30 tests are a lot quicker, involve some luck, however again are not hard and there is a spreadsheet available showing you exactly how to do each quest. I would also say that being level 30, and knowing more features are coming for those who are high/maxed level, it is definitely worth it to level up.

-Arky

cheddar likes this.
  6. carcalete1

carcalete1 Junior Expert

Completely agree with Arky on ALL points, I spent a ton of time, ammo and nerves, to reach lvl 26, and later even more to lvl 30. I have to dissagree, and say that 26-30 levels were harder for me (especially test for 27 and 29)

Allthough 5000 crowns for 2 lvl 5 voodoo cannons, is kinda a bummer, if you are playing on a server that is dynamic, and you barely have more than 20k crows in a pocket at anytime. :)

I am thrilled about the new features in the game, and would like them to keep on coming.

VIP market soon please ;)

P.S. I would like to see Beastmasters bag in League hall for Manta League, that is all i ask for, and maybe increase ammount of cannons we can buy for 5 coins (takes me 3 months to collect 6)

7. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I would also like to state that a similar conversation to this came up in Discord today:

-Arky

8. -Misuka-

-Misuka- Active Author

VIP market wish here to pl :)

9. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I too 100% agree with ARKY and carcalete for the following reasons.

1. Nobody is being forced to level up. You can still play the game happily at the level you are and you are in no danger of losing our ship or anything for being that level, so you are in no way being FORCED to level up. Levelling up is something that nobody finds fun I agree, but with levelling comes rewards. One of the main objectives of the game is to level up to Level 30. No, it's not a quick process, but it is an easy one. As ARKY said you can just do the 5k crown quest every day from Level 21 and do that all the way through to Level 25 if you wanted. 15 minutes of work a day is really not much. You can still level up your Voodoo Cannons to level 5 without being level 21 as you can shoot the VCM Blizzard and VCM Bloodfang for crowns. Yes, its a slow process, but that's one of the incentives to level up.

2. @Grand-mariner™ I don't mean to offend, but I totally disagree with your statement about wasting your time levelling up. There are many great advantages of levelling up (To 26 at least). The Commonwealth Raid Map is incredibly profitable with top level players being able to rake in millions of pearls every day. Another benefit, which I would expect you would be interested in, is that levelling up increases your Rank Points that assign your rank on the left hand side of your ship. I understand you lost your Gold Rank last week, and levelling up to Level 30 would throw you millions of rank points back into it.

3. The higher level you are, the less competition you have in each map. To put this in perspective, I am sure you are all aware of the current event, where the Regent's Revenge and Bloody Buccaneer Event Admirals spawn in all maps. Last night I searched from 21/1 to 30/1, 16 maps, and found 18 Regents Revenge. 29/1 had 3 of them in it! As most players are sailing with their guildmates, they tend to go to maps they can all access, so if one of them is not a high level then they will all go to a lower map that they can all reach. This meant that, being level 30, I could sail with a guild member of mine who has 2 accounts both Level 30 to the high maps and shoot the NPCs non stop by ourselves and make millions of pearls.

Nobody is forcing you to level up, you can still achieve everything you need to from the level you are, just levelling up makes it faster and has its bonuses, and rightly so.

10. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

No offence whatsoever taken mate, you know me better than that after all this time. Everyone is entitled to their valuable opinion and how they wish to play the game. I respect each individuals choice in how they desire to play or to level up. As you also know, the Gold medal is not worthy of the status that it is supposed to hold, as the rankings are constantly manipulated by either cheats, chancers or anyone who has spotted glitches in the past and used this error to their advantage. I decided long ago that the crooked untrue ranking system was not worth the waste of time, effort or money devoted to trying to even stay near the top under those very sad circumstances which Bigpoint did very little to address in the past.

In my case, I am already level 26 so can and have indeed accessed the Commonwealth map. I am not prepared to horse about any further in the expectation of hoping to gain a lucky last shot on a (forget what it is NPC ) to level to 27 (lol:)). I made a post long ago about that stupid requirement. If they made them more predictable and increased the chance, then maybe levelling up may possibly be wothwhile IMHO. However, until they have addressed these issues then there is little or no incentive in my particular case to input any more time, effort or cash into this game other than just to plod along to play this game in the way that I wish. There are a host of other activities and events in life which need attention and I don't wish to waste my allegiance or loyalty on this mis-managed game, which should be much-much more reliable and customer friendly. Until such time, if ever comes, then my actions will be limited to investing the bare minimum of money and just playing as and when it suits me, rather than spending significant amounts of cash or time like I have wasted in the past on this, 'laggy' money grabbing inefficient and crooked game.

No more money, Bigpoint!:eek:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    LeaKed likes this.
  11. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I fully understand what you mean about the rankings, and I have the upmost respect for you for being the only player I have ever known on this game to get to the Ruler of the Seven Seas without ever breaking any rules, it really was impressive.

I do agree with you about the way the game is going though, and I think anybody would. The increased presence of cheaters and exploiters, and BigPoint's action taken (or lack thereof) has put the game into a vicious cycle. Players would bot and not get banned, so more and more people started botting. BigPoint started losing money as people botted their pearls and therefore prices went up, and payment only items came out which was probably not the right choice in hindsight as the increased prices drove more people to bot which increased prices further and further, then causing legitimate players to leave the game. BigPoint didn't really help themselves because they started bringing out more and more things for players to keep themselves topped up on. It used to be just HP and Queen's Legacy and now players have to keep on top of their HP, Trainers, Buffs, Commonwealth Officers and have a load of daily quests to do, further pushing legitimate players to start botting because they don't have time to spend 5 hours a day keeping everything updated. It's a shame that it is the way the games gone, but I feel it is now past the point of no return, unless BigPoint just dropped prices about 90% to bring in more and more players rather than throwing the price up and sending more away. Surely 100 players paying £10 is better for the game than 10 players paying £100.

12. Alvaro*

Alvaro* Forum Apprentice

It's a lot of expensive time updates in a short time. I for example only have about an hour to play per day.
    For those who do nothing in life, and are all day in front of the pc playing seafight, obviously it is no problem to get to level 30 but for the remaining players is. But the updates should be more time-spaced, they can not be as followed as they have been happening.

13. michaelwells

Ok, as recommended, shot Blizzards and Bloodfangs. Did not receive any Crowns. Only Gold. What am I doing wrong, if anything?

14. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Having just tested this myself, it appears something I was unaware of; you need to be level 21 or higher in order to Board these NPCs (that is how you get the Crowns).

As levelling to level 21 from level 20 is simply damage on the Kraken which can be done within an hour, you personally could level up to level 21 and be able to make crowns much more effectively.

I still stand by all of my prior points.

-Arky

15. michaelwells

Yeah, yeah, I know you still stand by all of your prior points, lol. :eek:

I had a feeling it had something to do with having to be Level 21. The new problem is that the queue system has been reactivated. I thought I would be able to collect a Kraken Meat, and go right up. I got in the queue, waited 2 hours, (which is pretty much my max limit, per day) then had to log. Made it to number 5. :mad: Hopefully I will have better luck in the coming days getting up there. They should have an Amulet you can buy for Pearls to just Teleport up.

What boarding stats. do I need to successfully board the Blizzards and Bloodfangs, Arky?

As always, thx for your help m8. :) I am at least going up to 21, for now.

16. michaelwells

Oops, looks like I am being forced to Level Up. Lol. All in fun, m8. :)
    Michael

17. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I think the boarding requirements are 10k, which is easily achievable with gold pirates and equipment :) I do think however that you will get into the levelling process. Just 15 minutes a day isn't so bad. With most players they are really motivated at the start and are doing all their quests, then once they get to about 23-24, level up and see they need to get 170k crowns, a lot just decide that that's enough, but then when you get close to 25 the motivation comes back again :)

michaelwells likes this.
  18. michaelwells

Thanks for the encouragement, Destruction. I will keep that in mind. For now, I think I will start off slowly.

Ok, I got on the Kraken Map last night, and Leveled up. I am 21 now. :) As luck would have it, some of my Guild members were also testing up there. I got to shoot without getting sunk out. I even have a Level 1 Sellsword, now, lol.

Question: to get the 5k Crown Quest per day, do I need to complete the Quests from Oswald Murray on 17/1, first, to qualify? Am a little confused about that at the moment. You go through the series of tests, and the final one is repeatable for the Crowns, right?

Thanks in advance for the help.

4x4x4 likes this.
  19. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Firstly congratulations! :)

Yes, there is 10 Quests all gained from Oswald Murray. After completing 9 of these you shall unlock the Quest which rewards you with 5000 Crowns (Sink 10 HRMS Warriors and 10 HRMS Renowns), you shall need to complete the 10th to be able to Level up to level 22. Each day the 5000 Crown Quest is repeatable, and it resets at noon server time every day.

-Arky

michaelwells likes this.
  20. 4x4x4

4x4x4 Regular

congrats michaelwells:D

michaelwells likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.