Scandinavian 1 !

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by DenHvideHaj, Jun 12, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. DenHvideHaj

DenHvideHaj Forum Greenhorn

Edit

Last edited by moderator: Jun 19, 2017
  2. cheddar

cheddar Forum Apprentice

You should post in english on the forum.

★S★ guild is pretty much 100% scandinavian players, so if that is what you're looking for it already exists.

3. DenHvideHaj

DenHvideHaj Forum Greenhorn

But they dont have any islands

4. Zyper

Zyper Forum Apprentice

Not at the moment no :)

5. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Exceptional Talent

Edit hmmmmm.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 19, 2017
  6. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

o.o

7. SazerKING

SazerKING Junior Expert

Pajas , Post this on the danish forum, it servs no purpose here.

8. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

There is no Danish forum. The Swedish, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian forums have all been deactivated and they all use the EN (this) forum now.

-Arky

9. SazerKING

SazerKING Junior Expert

oh, I didn´t know that, so you don´t have to speak english anymore on english forum ?

10. Zyper

Zyper Forum Apprentice

Yes the decision to close the forum was made from Germany, and i bet i was because it was barely used, event info was posted very late and most often the official posts had errors in the translations. I still believe you should make sort of space for us in this forum to be able to write in our native languages. If you see people writing in danish or norwegian here, it is most likely because their english is not that good and its easier to be understand by someone in their native language.

I myself dont feel i have this problem, but i know we have players who has problems writing or reading english properly and when there is no info being translated you push that job over to the single chat moderator we have in the danish or norwegian chat(two different chats) or to support who does not answer you in over a month.

The Scandinavian sfteam is almost gone and there does not seem to be any action to change this. These "jobs" are mostly paid with in game items, so why is it so hard to have a system that works?

11. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I know that in most areas of the forum you do, however in the Guilds section like this, I personally dont see the problem of players typing in their own language.. however it may still be against the rules. Moderator input would be good here.
    I agree there should be an area, even if it is a small area, where players could write in their own language their questions/technical issues.

-Arky

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ likes this.
  12. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Unfortunately whilst I may personally agree with you, there will be no area for own language queries. The reason is because this forum is answered by English speaking moderators, so they would have to translate the query and then translate the answer.

This is why we request the language posted is in English and as we know there are many translation programs for use on the net, that our foriegn pirates could use to post their query.

SØ™ and A-R-K-Y like this.
  13. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

why not have a Danish mod or a finnish answer the Swedish, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian members of this forum ,personally I think it would make sense , and stop frustrations .

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  14. SazerKING

SazerKING Junior Expert

Frank I don´t know if you don´t know any better, i can understand. But there is no way a danish mod would be able to answer finnish threads, I mean you can have a bilingual swede fin answer both swedish and finnish, but you have to understand there is virtually no similarity between finnish and swedish. Normal swedes,danes,norwegians with no history or family ties to finns can´t understand a single word in finnish. Swedes can understand Norwegians, barely danes. Finns can barely understand swedish, just the basic unless they´re a part of the swedish ethnic minority living in finland. Danes can understand norwegians and Swedes, but not finns. It wouldn´t make much sense if you had an english moderator all of a sudden answer turkish forum right. Nice idea though Frank, but in practise it wouldn´t work.

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ likes this.
  15. ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ

ᏕȊƝ⚡️ƁᎪᎠ Junior Expert