scrolls

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by ozan, May 15, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozan

ozan Forum Apprentice

great idea would be to have a scroll with crowns in :)

Grand-mariner™ likes this.
  2. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

That would help as a bonus and maybe serve as an incentive towards smaller ships gaining entry into the Commonwealth regions sooner.

3. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Brilliant idea, really like this. I do believe the scroll rewards do need updating. The infamous reward is the 25 x Teleportation from Cancer Scroll. Although when first released this was quite nice, players now have thousands of them from throwing in mojo and I personally know players who have over 20k, so to do an entire Cancer Scroll which gives the least EP/ELP/Pearls for the time it takes, to then be hit by a rather dud end reward can be a bit of a kicker. Maybe replacing it with 2500 Crowns would be a good idea.

Alternatively, now that ELP has been stripped from scrolls, it could be replaced with crowns, which are credited wave by wave the same way that pearls are. My suggestions would be as follows:

Virgo: 500 Crowns
    Capricorn: 1000 Crowns
    Sagittarius: 1500 Crowns
    Cancer: 2500 Crowns

This would mean that players that are lower level and just building their accounts would be able to make a decent amount of crowns before reaching Level 21. I know a lot of players who got to Level 21 and stopped because the grind to get crowns (623k to get to Level 25) is very off-putting, with the only way to get them being to actively shoot the NPCs and do the quests as opposed to EP from scrolls that contributed towards Level 20.

By doing this, a player who starts the game after the update, just through building their account slowly and doing their scrolls for pearls and EP to level further, might have enough toto level up to level 22 or 23 before they even get to Level 21, which would help negate that wall they hit and the grind they face.

I hope this helps and my suggestion is appreciated,

Many thanks,

~Des

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Grand-mariner™, _RATTY_. and 4x4x4 like this.
  4. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

I would go a bit up .. If a surprise give about 75-80 crowns in one hour can be made about same amount of crowns... I would go for 5k crowns from cancer scroll... I think this is a fair reward for 4 hours work ... And indeed beside QL and Hp the other rewards are now worthless...

BlindBullet and Grand-mariner™ like this.
  5. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi Ratty,

Although I understand your point, if players really wanted to grind for crowns then they should shoot the NPCs to do this. The idea of this is to give players the incentive and option to level up without the huge grind. I personally feel these are enough as with the unfortunately high number of player who bot scrolls, and now the fleet system, it would give those botters a lot of free crowns that they could then use to take hard earned islands. For example, hollowing a Cancer Scroll takes around 5-6 hours in my experience. That would mean 4 cancers a day, or 28 a week, working out at 140k crowns all for free. That is just with Cancers, which have the least reward for the time they take.

I don't think this should be a fast way of getting crowns, just a slow feed of crowns that would help players get those levels up a little quicker. It shouldn't be as fast as shooting NPCs constantly.

_RATTY_. and Grand-mariner™ like this.
  6. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

2017-05-15 16:26:21 You received 25 x Teleportation

7. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Another option would be to have a separate scroll, like a Scorpio or Gemini Scroll to match the star-sign theme, which gives out crowns. There could be one for payment for £5 that gives 20k Crowns, or one in Bokor's crates than gives 2k Crowns. Maybe you could get it from Mojo just like the other scrolls, or as a daily quest reward, event reward or small drop change from chests. Of course the ease of getting them would scale with the amount of crowns, but that's just an idea.

_RATTY_. likes this.
  8. *CheekyChuffa*

*CheekyChuffa* Forum Apprentice

for those people that scroll bot then yes they would love this idea lol

9. BurzzT

BurzzT Forum Apprentice

Half of your guild is top in manta league so yes they would love it.

10. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

I like it. Would like to see the Map Parts restricted to the players Level 21 and up, in the Cauldron. Being at Level 20, I have no use for such a Bonus Map.

11. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I am not against having a scroll which gives Crowns, but I do not want it so that players can make 1000s botting them. If a new scroll was introduced to give crowns maybe we can go about it a different way.

Maybe give out the scroll as a reward for doing a daily quest, so by playing the game and completing a task you are rewarded this scroll. This stops players from buying the crowns, and limiting the effect of botting them.
    Them values are way to high. Virgo scrolls especially. You can get a Virgo scroll very very easily in the cauldron. They take 5-10m to do, and you are giving away 500 Crowns.

Also, it is 583,000 Crowns to get from 20-25, not 623,000, and 663,000 to get from 20-30.

-Arky

12. djt182

djt182 Advanced

Hi Michael, whilst you stay at level 20 that's fine but I think you can accumulate the crowns in advance of you raising to level 21 and above & therefore good to start saving in advance for what is a long process to gain higher levels

13. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

Can we have an option to opt-out of those Map Parts, if we don't want them? Lol.

14. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

How about introducing the crowns into the pirate quests and tests, they would be added into the existing rewards for those quests and test up to 20, so when a player is ready to go into 21 he has enough built up over time to ease the transition beyond 20 maps.

15. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I like this idea, however I am conscious that many players do not do the quests anymore as they are not mandatory, take a long time, and give little reward, however by introducing the crowns to them, it might give players incentive to do these quests. Its a good concept but I am sceptical as to how it will pan out in practice.

djt182 likes this.
  16. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

The rewards of crowns would be commensurate of the level of test or quest, say for example a brand new pirate would have to complete all requirements in the given time frame as it is now and to ensure fairness for all an admiral would pop up at the completion for this pirate to sink, by that only he/she would be able to shoot and sink it, no other pirate even doing the same test or quest could shoot it, however someone could help repair the pirate while he is sinking it. When the "admiral" is sunk a crown reward would be given for his accomplishment. This idea would not be retroactive to players playing now, by awarding them crowns up to their level, yet if they decided to quest and test for the next level, the crown reward would begin. So, if I were a level 15 pirate and I have completed the quests and test up to that point, I would get zero crowns but if I started the next quest and test for pirate level 16, the reward system would begin.

djt182 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.