scrolls

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by COUP, Nov 19, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COUP

COUP Advanced

why don't you put crowns in for rewards as we have to use them all the time take out the bloodlust, smokebombs ect.

Lil`Wolf, Rabbid, CrazyWulfy and 3 others like this.
  2. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

This idea has been mentioned in a few threads weeks ago.

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  3. COUP

COUP Advanced

so what was said about it

4. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

If memory serves most that replied said they wished not see the crowns as a possible reward for scrolls but would rather have the individual player slug it out in the 21 plus maps to get them., I do admit that the idea was mine originally because the crowns are hard enough to get as they are now and since the introduction they have been incorporated in upgrading cannon and beam expansion slots, so, therefore having crowns as a possible reward from scrolls is truly the way to make a little more than just shooting and boarding those npc's and buying the special packs that have crowns included.

Lil`Wolf and battle like this.
  5. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

We need new scrolls, it's been years since they've updated cauldron scrolls.

How many times have we all done the cauldron scrolls since they were last changed? Please update them, new scrolls and updated rewards for 2018.

Sincerely - Seacrack addict.

battle likes this.
  6. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

50k pearls per virgo please!

7. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

Virgo scroll should be replaced with a new one, it's too easy and takes like 3 min with hallows.

8. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I have never heard somebody complain about easy pearls haha! Love me a good old Virgo scroll hehe!

Below are my thoughts and suggestions for the four main scrolls.

Virgo:
    The Virgo scroll has been a favourite for a long time now. Being the cheapest scroll to create and the fastest scroll to complete, it is loved by those that work for high-rankings due to its faster Pearls and EP gain than any other scroll for the same time by a considerable margin. This was also true for ELP when it was included in scrolls. The HP reward is small, but I feel it reflects the ease of the scroll nicely. It is an easy map to complete for all players. My recommendations would be to add an additional reward however. The HP and especially the Cannon Damage stack up very easily and many players have these for years. This does remove some of the appeal for players as their only benefit is the 10k pearls, although 10k pearls is still nice. Introducing a third reward could add some variety here. I wouldn't suggest anything too power such as an Hour Glass, but perhaps a 33% chance to receive an item that is not typically obtainable with pearls for example would be a benefit to all players.

Recommended Rewards:
    • 33.3% - 7x Virgo Hull
    • 33.3% - 7x Cunning Cannon Booster
    • 33.3% - 2x Simbi Amulet

Capricorn:
    The Capricorn scroll again is a well enjoyed scroll. It is fast to gain pearls through the scroll due to relatively low and HP and a favourable pearl reward. To be honest I do not hear many criticisms on this scroll as its easy to complete, rewards a fair amount of pearls for the work put in and also gives players Smoke Bombs, which can otherwise only be obtained through the odd chest and some payment packs. The Smoke Bombs were increased from 5 to 10 per scroll last year and so I don't feel this scroll needs changing in any way.

Sagittarius:
    Oh the Sagi scroll. The bane of my existence. I think it is safe to say on the behalf of most players that this is the worst scroll in the game. It is the 2nd hardest of the regular scrolls, yet doesn't really benefit the player in any way apart from the 50k HP reward. Bloodlusts can be obtained but these stack up so quickly and are used rarely that its not rare at all for a player to have hundreds or thousands that just pile up. The scroll takes a long time and for a meagre 40k pearls it's often not worth spending your time on unless you need the HP. In my opinion, the Bloodlusts should be placed in the Black Market during certain events, and also placed into chests. In their place it seems reasonable to expect a greater extra reward than the Capricorn scroll offers in Smoke Bombs. My suggestion here would be to replace the Bloodlusts with Blood of the Inya. These items are hard to obtain and are very useful without being overpowered in quantities. Items such as Contact Mines which I originally thought of are great but I feel that with the amount of scroll botting that takes place in this game now, there would be more mines than already thrown. Seeing as a patch recently came to debuff or “nerf” the Contact Mines by decreasing their recharge speed and area of effect, I also felt than buff in this way wouldn’t be appropriate. The Blood of the Inya is a better version of the Unstoppable, for those that do not know, as they also offer a 60 second immunity to any additional effects from ammunition, such as Heartbreak or Freeze. They still have the same cool-down and they are not massively rare items, so giving players more from the Sagittarius scroll would help out. I also believe this would be a great addition to the players that are skilled fighters. They would agree that in recent updates through the powerful cannons and the abundancy of Burning Ice ammo, fighting has become very stagnant as the constant freezes remove a lot of the skill. This would help to combat that and increase the fluidity of fights.

Recommended Rewards:
    • 33.3% - 15x Sagittarius Hull
    • 33.3% - 30x Cunning Cannon Boost
    • 33.3% - 5x Blood of the Inya
    These are taken on the understanding than both the Skull & Crossbones and the Rackabones (Skull & Crossbones II) designs have been obtained.

Cancer:
    The Cancer scroll is a very difficult scroll compared to the others, but for the most part I think this scroll is good. Aside from rare chests and Black Market deals it is the only way to get Queen’s Legacy for free. Despite the chance of receiving Queen’s Legacy being low it is still a great bonus, along with the Colossal Cannon Boost and Cancer Hull. As the scrolls take a long time to do the Cancer Hull and Colossal Cannon Boost are not often stocked up to years like the other scrolls unless the player bots regularly, so there are many players who still do Cancer Scrolls regularly to try and keep these all on their account. This goes for the Voodoo Deck too to an extent, as the only other way to obtain it is through mojo, but do you know what else you get lots of from mojo? TELEPORTS! Oh I hate to blaspheme but lordy me is this the biggest kick in the teeth the game can give you. Prior to the introduction of these into mojo this was great as it gave you an advantage to get to maps before other people, whether that was to attack an island or reach an event ship, but now players have thousands of these and it’s just ridiculous. Players have complained non-stop about getting Teleports from the Cancer Scroll yet this has never been commented on or addressed by any of the team. Teleports are, in my opinion, the least desired item in the game due to their abundance. I personally would rather get Ogun Amulets from the Cancer scroll because at least I can use them to save on other amulets in scrolls and on events, but with Teleports they just constantly increase as you get so many from the mojo anyway. In my personal opinion I think this needs to change drastically and urgently. For spending ~6+ hours hollowing a scroll you should be rewarded with a powerful item. Again, due to the sheer number of bots I wouldn’t recommend another “buff” idea such as the other rewards but, like the Sagittarius, an item that would not be overpowered if stocked up. For this I actually think an Hour Glass as well as a small Crown reward that comes with any of the final rewards. I think 1k would be appropriate as it would mean that botters wouldn’t be able to rack up loads of them easily, it would still take a lot longer than doing Daily Quests.

My Recommendations:

20% - Cancer Hull
    20% - Colossal Cannon Boost
    20% - Voodoo Deck
    20% - Queen’s Legacy
    20% - 1x The Hour Glass

These are taken on the understanding that the Coronis design has already been obtained.

I hope you agree with these suggestions, and let me know what you would change about the scrolls.

Thanks,
    ~Des

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Lil`Wolf and Grand-mariner™ like this.
  9. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

5x hour glass come on theres 40 waves ! :rolleyes:

10. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Sagittarius

Instead of :-
    • 33.3% - 15x Sagittarius Hull
    • 33.3% - 30x Cunning Cannon Boost
    • 33.3% - 5x Blood of the Inya
    I propose a more diverse :-
    • 20% - 15 x Sagittarius Hull
    • 20% - 30 x Cunning Cannon Boost
    • 20% - 10 x Blood of the Inya
    • 20% - 10 x King's Legacy
    • 20% - 10 x Polished Muzzles

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  11. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi GM,

I assume you meant to write Sagittarius there?

As much as I would love to have Polished Muzzles and Kings Legacy, the reason I didn't put them in is because of the amount Bots will get. Following from that, a lot of people (myself included) only play bokors for the Kings Legacy so it would remove a lot of the income for BigPoint there as they make a large amount from the lottery. If they lost money here, they would have to make up for it elsewhere.

For the same reasons as above, as much as I'd love that just think how many the bots will get... 100 a month? Easily enough to use them whenever possible without having to care.

~Des

Lil`Wolf and frankthetank1974 like this.
  12. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Hi Des.

Yes sorry, I did mean to type Sagittarius. I have edited and corrected the error.

If we cast our minds back regarding the scrapping of the League due to bots, a lot of players quite rightly protested that if we did scrap the League then the bots will have won. I feel a similar principle is involved here, if we alter our rewards to take account of the bots then the bots are dictating what our gameplay is all about.

I feel the Bokor entries would still be bought as the Sagittarius scroll would only give a 1 in 5 chance of winning the King's Legacy which is now stackable up to 365 days, so providing the other instant wins are regarded as quite rare or offer decent value for money then they would still be regarded as quite attractive rewards available from the Bokor draw and should not affect sales.

Ideally the bots need total eradication, just like Sewer Rats.:(

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Lil`Wolf likes this.
  13. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi GM,

Although I appreciate that giving in and altering the game around bots would be a negative, I honestly think that the longer BigPoint fail to address the issue, the worse it will get. If BigPoint continue to just ignore the bots then they've won anyway... Paying attention to the bots and implementing changes that bots cannot benefit from isn't letting them win, leaving them to benefit more and more is doing that.

I would be willing to vouch for most of the botters when saying they would rather the game stayed as it was, rewarding botters, than giving them attention and proceeding to reduce their benefits from the programs.

~Des

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.