ship extensions?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Kamikaze, Dec 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Forum Apprentice

Am i missing something or are storm lanterns kinda worthlesss at low level? Yeah your cannon damage increases but your damage prevention will go down to 0% and everything hits me so hard. Even at level 5 unless they take away the damage prevention I will be hit alot harder. I am just not understanding these extensions.

2. DeathWasHere

DeathWasHere Active Author

Someone told me to combine those with ribs, so you don't take that much damage...
    Haven't tried them yet tho
    Since I am here, If I use 1 lantern, my damage goes +10%? What if I use 8? Keeps going up?

3. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

For Extensions, combining them with other Extensions I feel is a waste. @Kamikaze The Storm Lanterns are situational, and are not great for fighting, but they are very helpful for making good profit on event ships as you are hitting harder. Also, remember that the Cannon Damage and Critical Damage values are average, so if you have just 1 Storm Lantern equipped and nothing else in your Expansions slots you will get the maximum cannon damage and critical damage, but the damage prevention drop will be applied for Storm Lantern you equip. Essentially there is no benefit to having more than one Storm Lantern equipped.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  4. lonely_without_you

lonely_without_you Someday Author

Whot is best for fighting,,tnx

5. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Reinforced Ribs are the best if you have 8, but at level 0 the difference between Ribs and Hardwood Beams is not so different. With the Ribs you have less HP, more VP and more Damage Prevention than Hardwood Beams.

In a technical sense, the Ribs come out on top because the Damage Prevention makes up for the missing HP of the beams. However, in practice I still prefer Hardwood Beams to Ribs when fighting because it is rare in a fight that you full repair your VP to over 300k, so I feel the extra VP is not used properly. This is where I prefer to have the Hardwood Beams for the extra HP which repairs faster than VP, especially when using the Masterwork Tools and an Hour Glass.

As you upgrade the Reinforced Ribs however, they start to become stronger than the Hardwood Beams in more situations, and I believe that when they are Level 3 they will be the best for fighting in all situations.

Thanks,
    ~Des

6. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Just stating, again, that the Storm Lanterns the Critical Damage is not an average value, but an absolute value. Adding more Lanterns increases your Critical Damage with each one, perfect for doing most damage on a ship which hits very little or is not hitting you.

[​IMG]

-Arky

7. lonely_without_you

lonely_without_you Someday Author

8. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

new updates and new updates ..... and nothing from what SF promise us
    a free game....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.