Skill Presets

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Destruction, Aug 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like to see this feature added to the game?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No - If so, why?

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Good afternoon all,

Seeing as I am posting ideas in this thread weekly, I thought it was high time I brought another widely sought-after feature here for a poll. That feature is Skill Presets

With the rapidly approaching castle overhaul boasting the feature to be tied to presets for ease I thought to myself "Why do we not have this for skills?". Now I know the answer to this currently is that it is difficult to tie backpage features such as the skills into presets on the client, but with the whole Transmogrification process of integrating the entire game onto the Sea Chart, I expect this could be an upcoming addition to be integrated in the same way that Castles will be very soon.

The reason I feel this would be a benefit to the game is that it would have two beneficial effects on the player. The first of these is the ease of changing skills. With having a preset, skills could be changed in just seconds to a completely different set up to best meet your needs at that current time. Players could change skills in a matter of seconds rather than having to log off for 5 minutes while you are vulnerable.

Anyway, I digress. The second feature that players could take advantage of is being able to set up for any situation within seconds, rather than not changing their skills at all and running the same set all the time apart from switching skills for the occasional harpooning stint. With cannons this is a fantastic feature as it allows us to change from fighting to farming to admiral cannons in just seconds. It even allows players to change presets mid-fight to take advantage of sets that may give benefits when you are low HP such as the Amulet Special Gem and soon to be Rowers for that extra speed when damaged. With having skills in this same manor, players could set up various skill sets and switch between them to make the most out of the skills. Such examples for 70-skill setups, but that would also work for players with less would include fighting, farming, repair, harpoons, ELP etc. This would mean that players wouldn't even need to run repair skills on their primary set up. They could use rocket skills to assert more offensive pressure and then switch to their repair setup and design when they need to with ease.

I think one of the most important parts is Harpooning as the skills make such a significant difference. Players rarely opt to change their skills daily for the Level 22 daily quest, and so they don't often do this unless they have an urgent need for crowns such as levelling up. With players being able to change this very quickly, and the introduction of new castles, players will be able to switch to a full harpooning set up of design, pet, castles and skills in less than 5 seconds, and maxed out accounts could be killing momnsters with ~30k HP in around 20 seconds which would encourage more presence of Harpoon events and features in the future, something the game has lacked aside from Shipwrecks and Ice Floes on occasional events.

Finally, as part of this update I would suggest waiving the 100 Crystal cost to reset your skills. Just to change them is the equivalent to 18,500 Pearls with maximum discount. We don't pay anything to change our design or castles so it would only seem right for there to be no cost on resetting the skills, further encouraging more diversity in the game.

I do apologise for rambling on, so please do leave your comments below and like this if you feel this is a feature you would appreciate, as well as leaving your vote in the poll at the top.

Thanks,

Des

DЯAKE likes this.
  2. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Forum Apprentice

For encouraging more diversity in the game, i think the next big step with skills is creating new pathways which the player can choose form rather than moving it into the game window.

3. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I like this idea! Skills have been the exact same since they were first introduced back in ~2009 (I'm sure ill be roasted if that's wrong). Apart from having more skills to assign and the levels increased from 5 to 6, there have never been any brand new skills introduced which this game could well be focussed on.

Since they were released we have had all kinds of pathways in the game that could be utilised such as Voodoo that could have a whole pathway dedicated with all kinds of buffs such as extra VP, VP repair rate, amulet bonuses, occult damage and more. Other features such as Dodge Chance, Battle Points, Healing Items, Boarding Bonus, Pearl Damage, Reload Speed have been introduced and could really benefit from some attention from the skills.

Great idea Bayleaf, I think I know what next weeks thread will be about!

Thanks,

Des

4. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I am pretty certain that Skills to the client is already on their todo list. I also would assume that means combining with Presets.

-Arky

5. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

Harpooning :eek::oops::oops::oops:

6. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

I voted ... NO.

The idea shows for creative thinking and is very attractive, But I would rather see more of the games
    problems fixed.

7. DЯAKE

DЯAKE Someday Author

Are you aware they have different teams for each? They can do both at the same time at full capacity

Destruction likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.