Skill Tree Advice Sought

Discussion in 'Help' started by HMS-Indefatigable, Jul 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMS-Indefatigable

HMS-Indefatigable Someday Author

Hello my fellow Seafaring Entrepreneurs,

The game has changed so much over the years in regards to the value of ER and ELP and what and how rewards are given. With the skill tree at the basic level have you maxed out the EP to level 6 with crystals or just put the minimum of 1 in there to focus on other skills up the tree?

Thank you

Walleye likes this.
  2. Grand-mariner™

Grand-mariner™ Forum Veteran

Yes, that's right. There is little point in setting up more than the minimum 1 x skill required in EP alone, particularly whilst your ship is in need of more useful skill sets further ahead.

Placing just one in the Basic EP skill allows you to meet the minimum requirements that are needed to proceed with more important skill placements.

I use a 6 - 1 - 1 combination in the Basic.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Walleye and HMS-Indefatigable like this.
  3. HMS-Indefatigable

HMS-Indefatigable Someday Author

Great! Thank you Grand Mariner! You have answered my question.

Grand-mariner™ likes this.
  4. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Some players like to have 6-1-1 in basic skills to have more critical hits. Personally I use a 4-1-1 set up as it leaves me the perfect amount to maximise what I can. With different players having different playstyles, it is hard to say exactly what is the best for you but I would suggest 4-1-1 in basic so that you have more skills to place elsewhere.

Bootstrap, 4x4x4, Walleye and 2 others like this.
  5. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

Just remembe that EP is practically worthless. 4 1 1 is a good basic set if you dont have over 65 skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.