Skull debuff?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bawdyn, Apr 23, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I suddenly had an icon that looked like a skull and counted down ~30 seconds followed by my ship being circled by a purple comet for several minutes. I think it was another player that did it to me. I'm not sure what effect it had. Any idea what it was and what it did?

2. °•Hσввιт•°

°•Hσввιт•° Junior Expert

Staff of the Jester

[​IMG]

Celebrate the party of the decade! Change another pirate's appearance for a little while. Scary, silly, fabulous or foolish - impossible to predict what you'll turn them into!

This item is available during certain Events.

Overview:
    Turn your Target into a random design

Staff of the Trickster

[​IMG]

When you want to add a little unpredictability into someone's life, look no further than a staff which will change their appearance as well as apply an effect... not always a beneficial one!

This item is available during certain Events.

Overview:
    Turn your Target into a random design
    Apply one of the following effects:
    Air: +3% Speed and -2% Hit Probability
    Earth: -3% Speed and +2% Hit Probability
    Fire: +2% Critical Damage and -2% Damage Prevention
    Water: -2% Critical Damage and +2% Damage Prevention

From Seafight Bible Action Items entry

Bawdyn likes this.
  3. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Your fellow pirate is correct. From the description you have posted you were indeed hit with a "Staff of the Trickster".

One thing to note is that the Staff of the Trickster no longer changes your design appearance as posted above, but instead gives you a colourful orb floating around your design for its duration. This has been updated in the FAQ now to reflect this.

Has this answered your query?

Swift

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Thanks for the info, Hobbit.

Swift, does the colour of the orb indicate which of the effects it was? So purple was maybe air or water?

5. Swift

Ahoy,

You are correct, the colour of the orb does indeed indicate which buff was applied to you for that duration. The purple/blue orb is infact for the Water buff.

Although this is not specifically to do with the elemental system, you can see the different colours of each of the elemental buffs in the
    Elemental System bible entry.

Note: The elemental ammunition will not cause increased damage on you while you have the Staff of the Trickster buff applied.

Has this answered your query?

Swift

6. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Yes, that answers this question (and its followup one ;) ). Thanks.

7. Swift

Ahoy,

Thought someone would of asked that :p.

As this thread has now been answered to the satisfaction of the OP, this thread shall now be closed.

Happy sailing pirate, and as always, please do not hesitate to contact us again with any further queries!

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.