Storm Lantern

Discussion in 'Help' started by ‡Fea®Łess‡=❶=, Apr 21, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ‡Fea®Łess‡=❶=

‡Fea®Łess‡=❶= Someday Author

May i know the storm lantern once bought are they permanent on ship?

2. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Yes they are.

Tex

3. ‡Fea®Łess‡=❶=

From my understanding storm lantern level 4, it has 18% cannon damage and needs 10 expansion slot. My query is how many of storm lantern level 4 required to get that 18% cannon damage?

4. -pysa-*

-pysa-* Junior Expert

u get more cannon damage and better critical damage. BUT u take more damage from NPC. and ofc u cant use anything else than lanterns when u use lanterns.

5. ‡Fea®Łess‡=❶=

now i have 120 expansion slot. so in order to put lantern, i need to reserve 10 slot for lantern right? and another 110 slot i can put maybe beam.

6. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

that is correct. You can add beams or ribs or whatever extension you would like.

Tex

7. ‡Fea®Łess‡=❶=

ok thanks, u may closed this thread. :)

8. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

To answer your other question, you receive 18% Cannon Damage as long as you only have Level 4 Storm Lanterns equipped, be it 1 or 10 of them, you will only receive a maximum of 18%.

As this value works on an average, if you have any other extension equipped with this, this value will decrease. For example, having 1 Level 4 Storm Lantern and 1 Beam equipped would mean you would only have 9% Cannon Damage.

Using your example, if you were to have your 1 Level 4 Storm Lantern, and 110 Beams, this would mean you would only gain 0.16% Cannon Damage.

The Critical Hit Damage however, this works as normal, you receive 4.5% Critical Hit Damage for every Level 4 Storm Lantern you have equipped.

Does this help you and would you require any further clarification?

Swift

bodean, The*Defiant and *KRUCHY* like this.
  9. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Not hijacking the thread, just saying thanks Swift. I learned something as well.:)

TEX~BULL likes this.
  10. Swift

Ahoy,

You are most welcome, I'm very happy to hear I have helped you! :)

‡Fea®Łess‡=❶= do you require any further clarification?

Swift

The*Defiant likes this.
  11. ‡Fea®Łess‡=❶=

As for me, with 120 expansion slot, how many lvl 4 storm lantern i need to have that 18% cannon damage?

12. Swift

Ahoy,

You will have 18% Cannon Damage as long as you only had Level 4 Storm Lanterns equipped. This could be just 1, or it could be all 12, the choice is yours.

If you put any other expansion with the Level 4 Storm Lantern though, then you will not receive 18% Cannon Damage.

Swift

13. ‡Fea®Łess‡=❶=

So i have to remove all the hardwood beams and put only 1 level 4 lantern to have that 18% damage. am i right?

14. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

That is correct.

Tex

15. CRORijeka20

CRORijeka20 Advanced

Damet that is riski becaise if you take off all your beams you lose HP so what is better

16. ♣Welsh*Dragon♣™

♣Welsh*Dragon♣™ Someday Author

what if you had storm lantern equipped and say 3 reinforced ribs? would that cancel out the benefits of both items?
    im sure i seen something about this in a thread before that there is a way around not losing the cannon damage but i may be wrong lol

17. AK745

AK745 Forum Apprentice

From experience i use either FULL lanterns lvl 4 and nothing else on ships that cant hit back or hit very low on me (also to keep in mind dont use dmg prevention stones on gems for design/pet because they are useless in this scenario) and insted maximize on dodge chance, this works wonders on small/medium raid (sunmap and behemoth) and almost any low lvl npc, for shooting things above lvl 20 and bosses that actually hit hard i suggest sticking to FULL lvl4 ribs, adding lanterns will nullify your defences and barely give you any dmg worth speaking of

TEX~BULL likes this.
  18. CRORijeka20

CRORijeka20 Advanced

hi guys i buy 3 storm lanter and is good but l must to get off my beams all to get dameg form later and is good

19. Swift

Ahoy,
    If you had both Reinforced Ribs and Storm Lanterns, the averaged values would be averaged, so the amount of Damage Prevention you receive from the Ribs would be lower, and then you'd lose more Damage Prevention from having Storm Lanterns equipped. You'd also receive less Cannon Damage than normal. The HP, VP and Critical Damage would be unaffected. Which values are averaged or absolute (applied regardless of whatelse is equipped) can be seen in the Ship Extensions FAQ.

Does anyone have any further questions on this subject?

Swift

20. lude1962

lude1962 Forum Commissioner

No but, if you have a figurehead equipped it counts as an extension, so with no beams +1 extension if you have a figurehead you 1/2 damage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.