The Guild Scroll

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Destruction, Jul 5, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like to see the Guild Scroll implemented into Seafight?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Good morning,

While replying to some post today I came up with an idea which I know has been mentioned before but I thought I would revamp the idea a little. This is The Guild Scroll.

The Guild Scroll is a bonus map that is earned and completed as a guild over time. When a player receives a part for the Guild Scroll it will go into the Guild. Over time the players will slowly work towards collecting all the parts for the scroll. Ways to obtain a piece could vary. Either have them in chests as 1 piece and as rare as Kings Booty Bags, or make them rewards from event ranks.

When the guild have managed to collect every part of the scroll, they will all be granted access to the Guild Scroll through the Bonus Map menu. This will be individual for each guild, so alliances could not join together, and as soon as you leave the guild the scroll will no longer be available to you. The map will only be available to players in the same guild. The scroll will vary, based on the number of members within the guild. This helps to balance it between servers and guilds as a 100 Member guild will find it much easier than a 1 man guild.
    For each wave, the rewards will be shared depending on damage share. The standard items like pearls, harpoons and EXP will be rewarded, with perhaps some other rewards such as Legba Amulets and Tritons Benevolence.

When the scroll is finished, every player who has taken part in the scroll will be rewarded depending on their damage dealt throughout all the waves. Additionally, all players who have dealt a certain amount of damage will be granted the Queens Legacy. Below is a hypothetical layout of the different tiers of scroll available, dependant on guild size

Scroll 1: 1-10 Members
    Total Waves: 50
    Total Reward: 2,500,000 Pearls
    Total HP: 1,000,000,000
    Queen's Legacy Threshold: 5% (50m Damage)
    Queen's Legacy Days: 7

Scroll 2: 11-50 Members
    Total Waves: 75
    Total Reward: 10,000,000 Pearls
    Total HP: 2,500,000,000
    Queen's Legacy Threshold: 4% (100m Damage)
    Queen's Legacy Days: 14

Scroll 3: 51+ Members
    Total Waves: 100
    Total Reward: 20,000,000 Pearls
    Total HP: 5,000,000,000
    Queen's Legacy Threshold: 3% (150m Damage)
    Queen's Legacy Days: 28

I hope you like this idea, please remember to vote and add your feedback. There are lot of parts that can be changed of course so feel free to suggest some more appropriate figures.

Thanks,

~Des

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  2. Pahl

Pahl Forum Apprentice

Hell yes! I miss something like this in Seafight. I'm in a big guild or actually we are two guilds and some alliances with almost 200 members in just the guilds, but we do nothing together. I love doing raids, but i would rather do it with people instead of just going solo all the time.

3. armagheddon82

armagheddon82 Forum Apprentice

4. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi Guys,

Noticing there are a fair few people who are not a fan of the idea. Why not voice your opinions here? Why don't you like the idea? What would you change?

Thanks,

~Des

5. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

I feel this Would be a great idea, but how would u suggest that the guilds obtain these guild scroll pieces?

If it is through shinies, this will not work, just another way for botters to profit. If the bots were under control, i would be up for the idea, but as the way it is now, i cannot say wether this a good idea or not.

6. HundredPercentPain

HundredPercentPain Forum Apprentice

''Ways to obtain a piece could vary. Either have them in chests as 1 piece and as rare as Kings Booty Bags, or make them rewards from event ranks.''

7. USSChallenger1

USSChallenger1 Old Hand

+1, yeah, this idea has been brought up b4 in the distant past, and personally I would like to see a lot more things a guild could do together instead of shooting an island or some under developed event that no one wants to do. Having a guild bonus map or a series of quests or possibly guild tests would be interesting because it would be a "guild" activity.

8. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

I noticed you said once you have been in you wont be able to join again, what happens if every member leaves before the scroll is completed? Restarts? Losing Connection? Island being attacked?

What happens if I make a guild, get 51+ members, or indeed just small boats, then when i get the scroll I kick/fire the other members so I can solo Scroll 3? 20mill pearls is a very very nice profit for 1 player to do the whole scroll.

I don't mind this idea actually, although I am of course worried this will reward the botters more than normal players. However, that is another issue entirely.

-Arky

Ɗяєɗɗєɗ likes this.
  9. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Hi Arky,

It may be worded badly but what I said was that if you leave the Guild then the Scroll will no longer be available. For example if I was in 185 and they got all the peices for the map, I would be able to play it, but as soon as I left 185 I wouldnt be able to.

I mean technically I guess you could do that, the same amount of HP on Gildblades would be 15m pearls, (based on 3k pearls for 1m hp) so maybe the pearls or other factors could be balanced more of course.

I understand what you mean about the bots, not really sure how to counter that...

Thanks,

Des

10. †★BoSS★†™[υиı]

†★BoSS★†™[υиı] Forum Inhabitant

about kicking the small boats ... maybe they should implement also level reqirements .. for example for scroll 3 you should have min lvl 25

11. _RATTY_.

_RATTY_. Exceptional Talent

The idea is nice .. But i was wonder how about the players that collect the scroll parts but doesnt play much .. Like i.. I play in gd days about 2 . 3 hours some days i only get on for daily reward.. So some guild may jump in scrolls during hours when no one is on... i mean only few players so they will not share the rewards... I think the scroll should be access only if the number of members on is higher then a certain percentage...

12. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

To be honest, the players that are online the most will be the ones that collect the most parts for the scroll, so likewise they should be the ones that benefit more from it. Its not like the scroll will be done in one day. Being in 185, you would have access to the 5b HP scroll. This is the rough equivalent to 2 full islands of Lv5 towers, which will probably be done mostly with hollows, so it will be a slow process, not something you will miss out completely if you are off the game for a week.

13. Pahl

Pahl Forum Apprentice

As RATTY said what if you collect a lot of scroll parts but are not online so much. Maybe give everyone who collected a scroll part a reward after the scroll is done. Maybe 5-10k pearls per part collected? The scroll parts must not be easy for bots to collect then ofc. :)

14. michaelwells

michaelwells Forum Ambassador

The idea is great. Gonna pass on this one, however.

Someone is liable to get a larger reward from the Scroll than the others participating. This could cause chaos in ts, lol.

I also don't want to collect these map parts. I would lower the % of me obtaining parts for the other Maps, Items, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.