The New Drakir Hrell Rewards "Adjustment"

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by The*Defiant, Oct 21, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

(From the recent Patchday Notes)--> Improvement: The Drakir Hrell rewards have been adjusted, you now get rewarded for last shot and for damage share.

Since this means the 2,000 pearl reward now is split in half -for most damage and for last shot - I wonder to myself how this is seen as an "improvement"? Now others can steal half of your work with one shot. In the past, this type of action was used for Event Admirals - where a design was the reward. That made sense.

2. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

This is a decision that was implemented by the designers. We on the forum are not privy to that process. Thank you for the feedback and I will be sure to pass it on.

Tex

The*Defiant likes this.
  3. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

@The*Defiant I'm still trying to figure out if this change works out better or worse for my game play.

Overall, the biggest problem with this NCP has always been that its a prime target for the BOTs. Some days there are so many of them that there are several that swoop in to shoot it that suddenly the odds of getting last shot go from ~35% (I give the BOTs twice the odds to get last shot than me as they hit twice as hard and seem to still have Cabin Boys) to almost nil. On the other hand, I can just shoot hollows and if I time it right I can switch to pear ammo at the last second and increase my odds of last shot. It doesn't always work, but if it does I get half+ of the rewards for just some gold ammo and a bit of strategy.

Like I said, I haven't determined if I'm net ahead or behind. If the BOTs were gone, then at least everyone shooting them would have to use strategy to get that last shot instead of being overwhelmed by a BOT.

I do wish that they would spend more time getting rid of BOTs instead of making these kind of silly changes.

Loki1621 likes this.
  4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Right now I have 321 heavy hitting cannons. I have the 25% discount, so explosive ammo costs me 35 pearls per 100 rounds. It takes me no more than 6 volleys (and I'm using Powder Monkeys...which stinks) to sink one 500,000 hit point Drakir Hrell. So I spend 321 times 6 = 1,926 rounds of ammo to get about 1,900 pearls (assuming I get both damage and last shot). I spend 700 pearls for 2,000 explosive rounds, so I should be making a good profit.

5. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I have a similar number of cannons, but they are obviously not hitting as hard as you as I need 10 or 11 rounds with p ammo to sink them. I also have no discounts (or cabin boys :( ), so it costs me 16-1700 pearls to get back 1900. And that assumes that someone (usually a BOT) doesn't steal the last shot. When it was all damage share then at least I would get my proper share. Because the profit margin is so low for me with p ammo (in both old and new rewards), I tend to shoot with hollows as much as I can. This, of course, increases the number of shots I need to sink it and therefor increases the odds that someone will see it and come to steal.

Over all, I would like it to return to the old reward method, but I doubt they will do that. So my remaining choice with some strategy (as mentioned in my earlier post) I can try for the last shot and improve the chance of profit. This game has become such a chore. :(

The*Defiant and Loki1621 like this.