The new skilltree

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Aug 22, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buppingfish

buppingfish Forum Apprentice

"The master skills can be levelled up with skill points. You get the skill points for pearls and crystals. The level bar shows the process of the master skill.

On the sea chart, you find a quick start bar with three icons of the different master skills. There you can activate your master skill during a battle and charge the different master skills."

and by the time I have tried to activate one of these during a battle I imagine I will already have been sunk. :(

2. abah2

abah2 Active Author

Why will we now have to go through the process of activating a skill set just to use it in battle, during a harpoon hunt, etc.? The way it's currently set up, the skills are ALL available to us PERMANENTLY when we're on the sea map once we buy them. This sounds suspiciously like another Castles setup.

The*Defiant and .HMSILLUSTRIOUS. like this.
  3. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,
    If you have charged your Master Skill by completing actions within the game, you will simply need to press the button on the Seachart to activate them.
    The normal skills benefits are permanently on your boat, all you shall need to do is add skill points into the skill, the same as normal.

Master Skills are new and additional to the regular skills, these are levelled up by purchasing skill points to place in the normal skills. They will be 'charged' by you doing actions in the game and will provide you with temporary benefits each time you activate them.

Swift

4. Acadian

Acadian Forum Greenhorn

Since I have 70 skills when the new skill tree comes out I should have 70 skills in the new one, or all the pearls I have spent to buy the skills along with the crystals. I don't think it is fair not to give us the new skills.

5. sounds like another cabin boy ripoff to me just to fleece more payment packs out yas all lol
    [​IMG]

6. Tergrinder

Tergrinder Junior Expert

Once again another really bad idea for players - looks like another BP money grab, so great idea for them. Bah.

7. -PIRANHAHUNTER-

-PIRANHAHUNTER- Forum Apprentice

is it just me or is BP trying to kill the free/paying players once again??

8. America

America Active Author

If I have to recharge my boat every day and access a button to shoot I will quit the game. Real money and time put into game. If you make it even more expensive or degrade the boat after all the work there is no sense playing. I to bought crates of glory and that stuff was not cheap.

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. SPIRITUAL~WARFARE

SPIRITUAL~WARFARE Forum Apprentice

as in every change before it will cost the player significantly more to replace what they already had. i've been in it for 10 years and every single change has always cost more and more. (if) they give double in pearls what it cost for them in the first place you can be sure it will cost as much as 4 times the original amount meaning double what they offer us to build back what you already had. the cost for 50-70 skills was in the beginning costly enough i second the request to be compensated monitarily. we all know that wouldn't happen though because many would take anything they could get back out of bigpoint and leave for good. as it is this game continues mainly because a good number of players are so conscious of what they have already invested to let go. i do not think changes to the game are a bad idea but why does it always go towards more greed of the owners?

The*Defiant likes this.
  10. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

Free to play seldom has a chance in this game, everyone knows this, all this does is give the illusion of leveling the playing field . . that's about as far as a gripe I'll put in . . my question will simply be . . when will this new system be put into play? (apologies for my gripe)

The*Defiant likes this.
  11. Swift

Ahoy,

Currently we do not have a set date for when this will go live. You should be able to test this in the Open Beta server before it goes live, giving you and other players the chance to review the changes and leave feedback on how to improve them before they are placed into the live servers.

Swift

12. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

The main problem is (and always has been) that the game developers (who, by the way, are not paying customers) apparently "pull these new ideas out of thin air". Over the past 9 years I have played, I cannot recall anything...and I mean anything....that a majority of players asked for and it was implemented. With the players having no avenue (forget "discord"...use this Forum!) to interact and exchange opinions and ideas with the developers, this is a really bad business model. In essence, it is let the developers structure everything about the game, then get feedback, and after some tweaks, we are left to play with what remains. How about giving us some power and take a poll right now on whether or not we should have a new Skill Tree?

Tergrinder and .HMSILLUSTRIOUS. like this.
  13. CSS_Shenandoah

CSS_Shenandoah Forum Apprentice

Free player here, 22 skills, 6 years.

First let me say I don't care. New server, lag, what have you - I'm not out any cash. But I am intrigued by the replies. With that said and with all the posts of those with 70 skills its clear to me what is going on. BP is making the market again. As of late the amount of new players has dramatically decreased while (as evidenced by the replies) the amount of those with full skills has increased. So the further we get in this inverse relationship the less demand for buying crystals exist. Of course its not enough to increase skills. To extract more money from top skill players they will need to totally revamp the tree. Swift mentioned something about getting double back what you paid for crystals. Yeah sure whatever. Nowhere did Seren say anything about future values or anything of that nature. I think its safe to say the cost of skills will increase over compensation you receive for skills you currently have. To argue against that is to presume this change is absent of a money grab. Believe what you want but the history on this game is fairly clear.

If you want change put the card away. Its more fun to get it free anyways.

The*Defiant likes this.
  14. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

watch bigpoint will give us back double the amount of crystals spent on skill points, new skill points will prob be purchased for crowns leaving us with useless crystals

The*Defiant and .HMSILLUSTRIOUS. like this.
  15. -sattam-

-sattam- Someday Author

It is suggested that new skills be separated from current skills
    So that the current skills remain the same
    New skills are added in a separate form

16. Swift

Ahoy,

The old skill tree will be completely removed when the new skill tree goes live, replaced by the new skill tree which has different skills.

Swift

17. Corsair_Bill

Hello, I see that the stack limit was removed on the cabin boys, does that mean we can load up on them while we wait for this new system that is approaching (referring to the new skill tree system)

nvm . . I see that they are only available to those who have the crowns . . smh

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  18. Swift

Ahoy,

You can purchase as many Cabin Boys as are available in the different Markets. Previously, you could only have up to 30 days maximum, even if more were available, now, you can surpass that limit.

Swift

19. Corsair_Bill

Apologies, only market offering cabin boys is the black market, and they are offered only to crowns, difficult at best to chase crowns in enemy waters, particularly when one only has maybe a mid level boat, so that kinda lets anyone with maybe 35 skill points out of the running, not to mention few castles . .

The*Defiant likes this.
  20. -masterjedi-

-masterjedi- Junior Expert

so reading the posts there will be 2 sets of skills ? regular and master. the master skill set is something you pay for once or each time you activate the master skill? it seems odd you would have to activate a second set of skills to enhance the first set. trying to do this during combat seems like overkill considering all the current options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.