Suggestion Voodoo cannons for pearls

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Satan_Himself, Jan 31, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Cannons in black market?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. Yes

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. No

12 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

I think it is time for BP to put these cannons in market. Considering how expensive they are to level up, it is fair to let us buy them without money now that there are devastator and doomhammers.

As a player with 70 skills and all castles done, I have nothing else to do with my pearls besides buying crystals for the current black market. Having VD cannons in market for a fair price in pearls would be an incentive to small players to level up and get stronger.

2. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Yes yes yes!

6 years since Voodoo Cannons were released, they are now outclassed for PvP by Doomhammers and Devastators, and relatively even to Firestorms.

There is no incentive for players to purchase Voodoo Cannons with money as they are heavily outclassed by Doomhammers and Devastators. Even at maximum discount from islands, rebate, premium and the "4 for 5" upgrades on special events, a full set of 361 Voodoo Cannons Level 5 would cost over 10m pearls, and with no rebate, no islands, and no trade discount it would cost the player 52m pearls (Based on a 20k pearl base price). I think it is safe to say that if these were to be brought out for pearls then it would be a great benefit to the free-to-play players as they would finally have a competitive cannon as well as something to spend excess pearls on as @Satan_Himself mentioned above. They would still be outclassed by the D&Ds (Just going to call them that now as its much quicker and writing Doomhammers and Devastators, not Dungeons & Dragons....) meaning that if players really wanted to compete with them 1v1 then they would still need to spend cash to get the better cannons.

~Des

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. If they do that then maybe they can refund all the people that spent loads of money on the ones they bought and upgraded. I don't see them doing either.

4. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

They'd have no reason refund anybody. It would be a foolish business decision as they have no contractual or social obligations to refund players when items are discounted. The players that purchased these did so at their own choice for the advertised price. If you take the same principles to a real life situation, would you expect a store to pay you back the difference if they decided to put a product you had previously bought on sale? The value of items change, and Voodoo Cannons are worth considerably less now than they did then.

~Des

_RATTY_. likes this.
  5. ¹ҚεεŁнuŁŁ

¹ҚεεŁнuŁŁ Forum Apprentice

I still don't see them doing that takes 3 level 4 voodoos, 50 crystals and 5000 crowns to make 2 level 5 voodoos now, so at that rate you see them throwing out a cash flow?

6. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

The point I am making is that hardly anybody buys Voodoo Cannons anyway. If this was their logic of "we can make money so we will" then you'd end up spending money for flares! I think it would actually benefit Bigpoint. Without seeing their figures you can only guess how much BigPoint makes off Voodoo Cannon sales but I can only imagine it is considerably lower than historically and doesn't not compare with the money that D&Ds bring in. By making Voodoos free with pearls yes, BigPoint would receive a slight decrease in income from those few that did buy the packs, but what they would experience is a much more competitive fighting scene with more players, making this more of a gateway to introducing players to the proper fighting scene and therefore increasing those players likelihood to spend on other items to make them more competitive.

~Des

7. Take the Voodoo Master Create @$199.99 US that's not cheap so change the cannons or change those packs to Doomhammer Master Create or Devastator Master Create. Maybe make like the admiral cannons when could change to 60's. Change level 4 voodoo to dooms level 0 or if want change to level 5 voodoo option. Their plate is full now but with developers you never know.

Destruction likes this.
  8. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

The only real benefit from these packs now is the Voodoo Priest I feel, as the rest of the items you get are much easier to obtain now than they were when this pack came out. By changing the Voodoo Cannons to Doomhammer or Devastador Cannons, and then perhaps replacing the Voodoo Doom and Soul Eater with Burning Ice and Heartbreaker would make the packages more attractive as times have changed.

~Des

9. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

in or out game is dead....

10. Satan_Himself

Vote yes togive it a chance to live.

11. timarpaul1

timarpaul1 Forum Pro

i did vote yes
    i ask for this update ages ago to prevent this happening

12. Satan_Himself

Thosre packs are quite old. If its about payment packs, yyou can even buy powders for less than a dollar. Thing is that VD cannons are obsolete now and there is no reason to sell them unless they are lvl 5, because it takes around 850k crowns to get a full set of lvl 5 VD cannons.

13. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

my vote ...NO you want payment cannons easy pay for them like everyone else did and does ...simples !

14. frankthetank1974

out for nout as per ever pms !!!

15. HMS-Indefatigable

HMS-Indefatigable Someday Author

Frank

Aww! Frank this game's days are numbered as it is. Come on! 55's and 60's yeah years ago but Seafight was a very different game back then. Nothing is enforced anymore and might as well open it up in these final days.

Rabbid likes this.
  16. Satan_Himself

Nobody in their right mind would pay for voodoos when you can buy doomhammers.

17. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

i voted yes. pearls are cheaper than cash-lol. anything to help new players is a plus, although i do see why people would be upset about spending real money on cannons in the past and then people can get the same cannons for pearls in the present. after all is said and done, we, as players, will still be milked out of our money if we choose to try and compete in this game. i do like the suggestion as it can help newer players like myself.

18. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Oh Frank! I was starting to have so much faith in your forum comments until this... Sighh..... ;)

frankthetank1974 likes this.
  19. frankthetank1974

sure you would and did before devs and dooms came along ,,,the problem is and has allways been .....to many cannon updates to fast !

20. frankthetank1974

in the case every thing must be free :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.