Wallpaper Epic Fail !!!

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by =308Marksman=, May 31, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

I would try to explain why I feel the newly released wallpaper is such an
    Epic fail, By comparison tho, It would be like trying to explain Albert Einstein’s
    "Theory of Relativity" to a kindergarten student.

So I ask this to the powers that be, to ask themselves: How or what will this do to repair the damage you have done to your game by your poor choices you have made ?

This just sooo wrong on sooo many levels.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Lil`Wolf, *LiLVIC615*, bodean and 7 others like this.
  2. No_Mercy

No_Mercy Junior Expert

its a way for them to make money every download and view of the page on the website gives them money

Lil`Wolf and Lady.Wolf like this.
  3. [​IMG]if they start collecting clothes next for an extra income ive started sorting out my kids wardrobes

4. Lady.Wolf

Lady.Wolf Active Author

Wallpaper?? Quests that you can't play because of lag?
    Just a question to the powers that be....If you had a problem with, let's say your grocery store and you purchased a steak and after you got home, it's not in the grocery bag and you went back to the store to complain (another 1/2 hour in your vehicle, more gas to waste) and instead of a steak, you get wallpaper ....Would Wallpaper make it better?

5. *LiLVIC615*

*LiLVIC615* Forum Apprentice

I hope someone is in the unemployment line tomorrow morning

=308Marksman= likes this.
  6. AnneDieuleVeut

AnneDieuleVeut Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

The creation of graphical assets and the work on the code are two different production parts. Nobody earns anything by providing this wallpaper. It just is a nice artwork and we decided to share it with our players. No work on the game is harmed by creating an artwork and sharing it with our community.

7. shame you dont like to share the communitys views regarding how this games turned out over the past few years and continue to let the game get exploited around us but still expect ppl to fund the game but you have the time to play around on paint shop to share a graphic with your community i think the community would rather you adhere to your terms and conditions you set out than share your graphic to promote the game. im not being funny but i wouldnt try encourage any1 to sign up to this game in the state its in. and i surly dont wanna see your artwork you have spent more time on than anything else for the game on my desktop 24-7 sry you might think its nice and pretty but your payed to say that lmao. id rather see the time put in to cleaning the game up and removing mods from the server there playing on this shouldnt happen as clearly its shown for years the abuse of there powers. theres technoligy out there to do what they do use it makes it fair all around.

i can freely say its not pretty :p

now on the other hand if you expressed your views of not liking it im sure a disciplinary hearing would be scheduled with your name on it :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Lady.Wolf and Lil`Wolf like this.
  8. No_Mercy

No_Mercy Junior Expert

how come the download link is advertised to anything ads have been placed there for more money

Lady.Wolf and Lil`Wolf like this.
  9. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

We appreciate all feedback with the various aspects of the game and how the community as a whole feel about any actions or items introduced, be it ingame or payment items.

However, on this occasion it seems that there are some mistaken comments:

1/ the fact that it is felt this wallpaper has taken time away from the developers to fix certain issues
    2/ This is just another way of getting monies out of our pirates
    3/ That this was produced to attempt to make other issues seem not so important.
    Lets try and clear them up:
    1/ The developers/technical support are not the team that created this wallpaper. This was down to the Graphics Team, they are not involved with the fixing of any issues. This means no time was used inappropriately to produce this wallpaper for our pirates that should have been used on the fixing of any other issues or bugs.
    2/ The wallpaper is not a payment item, it will not cost our pirates any monies to view or even to use this. The making of wallpapers does not gather any income for the company.
    3/ This was not made to attempt to make you all forget about bugs and issues, it was simply a piece of artwork that was designed, and it was decided to share freely and at no cost to our pirates.
    It is a shame that the majority of the feedback is that it was a waste of time, effort and not welcomed, this will probably deter to the making or sharing of any future artwork.

Seren GTL

10. No_Mercy

No_Mercy Junior Expert

@Seren @Iwannabetheguy lets clear this up yes the art work is nice however i believe the players feel that this was the wrong time to upload something like this with the issues the fact we have been told cabin boys are going in place of something else that is going to cost us money just to get us back to the same point as before. the art work would have been appreciated more if there werent so many problems it could have been a piece to say heres to a new beginning for the game for example if the spy was fixed the servers had been sorted out and the new skill tree was able to be obtained completely free and not costing the players way too much i believe for this game to get back in its glory some sacrifices need to be made for example some money being put into some adverts for more recognition of the game also some adjustments need to be made to the pricing of the game you have got to remember this is ingame currency not buying something then it gets delivered to you ill admit the packs have been better but £ 53 is not cheap if this was maybe £35 it would be bought alot more times therefore not loosing anything because more people will buy this it shouldnt cost people thousands of pounds on a game to be maxed out to be maxed out completely a good price would be maybe £1000 for completely maxed out. at one point this game was free to play how are free to play players ment to get full doomhammer to enjoy the game how are they ment to get the new painbringers by making these only buyable they are detering the free players from the game loosing people who would pay if they could get to a decent level before having to spend. and dont say this issue cant be dealed with on the forms if it cant be then sent it up to higher people get this read and get this game a new life before it dies.

Lady.Wolf and Loki162 like this.
  11. Seren

Your thoughts are always important, however we are referring to a piece of artwork that was made by the Graphics Team, not by the individuals that are constantly striving to fix the issues that the seem to be plaguing the game at thsi time.

Your post would probually be more apt in the Ask the Producer post.

If you do decide to repost in that thread, I would like to point out that to just complain or moan about items or issues, does not give the producer a question to answer. Try wording your comments to queries, rather than just a complete post of moans. This is in no way pointed directly at yourself No_Mercy, but is to try to get all pirates who post in that thread to think about what they want answered, not just to complain.

Seren GTL

12. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

Seren,Anne,

The kinds of images I personally use for wallpaper on my laptop have such a deep personal connection you may or may not
    be able to relate too.
    So deep I would be willing to defend (or step in front of a bullet or kill for) to my last dying breath,and
    a few proud personal achievement(s).

Things like:

My wife and my Harley under a street sign that reads "Angels Ridge". Sadly her disability prevents her from riding now.
    My wife and I sharing the first kiss at the County Courthouse after the Justice of the Peace declared us legally married, and said "You may kiss your Bride". I was dressed in full leather.

My first big buck (white tailed deer). Another of a young coyote I took out (shot) from almost a 1/4 mile away. (30 ft short).

Compared to the connection too those types of images I mentioned above.
    The wallpaper offered falls short.

Coming from being a 35 yr Certified Service Tech ( simply put... Mechanic ) and having been present in and for
    various Board meeting involving Branch Dealerships and Parent Companies, I have a very good idea of, not only who makes decisions but
    where and how the money generated gets spent, as well as how the money is actually generated.

The department and employee titles may vary, Ultimately they all still get paid from the same source (consumer money).
    And ultimately the name of the company that is on the employees paycheck, is also the same from employee to employee,
    no matter what the title of the actual responsible department is.

You can explain what dept does what untill you are blue in the face. Consumers will still place blame on what they feel is a
    waste of their resources Corporate wide no matter what department is actually responsible.

Then there is the timing....

At a point where the game I loved playing would appear to be at a major cross roads... The release of the wallpaper
    comes across as a cheap bribe. Whether that was the intent or not.

The image itself....

While the subject appears to be casting some sort of spell (?). The position of the subject and facial expression reminds me of the positioning and expressions many zombie characters use in many Hollywood movies or TV series and they is an actual shooting target put out from a company called Zombie Targets. We use these sometimes for what we call "Fun Shoots". I live in a small town filled with
    walking dead. Zombies ?? Had my fill of them.

Also when I look at the artwork on the sign in page there is a sense of action and piracy. I dont see that with the wall paper. I am still trying to figure out how a 3 fingered guy (on each hand) managed to give himself armpit razor burn and what that has to do with piracy. It could be the futuristic aspect of the fantasy thats throwing me off.

Granted,we are only gonna see his framed face as a quest giver and it may all
    become much clearer from the type of quests that will be given.

When I think of fantasy pirate art I am reminded of Clyde Caldwell's work. Caldwell being of a certain RPG game fame from mid 80's and early 90's. Not sure if I can say the name or not so will use a phonetic reference to it as Delta & Delta. (If this reference is a violation,Feel free to edit)

These are just a few of the points that I have the time and the wording for and it still remains an Epic fail for me.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  13. No_Mercy

No_Mercy Junior Expert

@Seren i was not complaining about the game I wanted to give the team some ideas of what to do to make this game better a way of making everyone happy I’ll repost in asl the producers but put about how it isn’t for complaining just ideas

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  14. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

I like it, would ask if there's just the one image or if it is a package deal, complete with additional wallpapers, also if windows 10 compatible? Not making light all other issues in the game or points added in earlier posts here, just requesting additional info (apologies for potential highjacking of OP)

15. bytza

bytza Forum Apprentice

Everybody says the same thing, your number one priority is to get as much money as you can from us.
    All we want is for you to stop with all this cash grab. Every event, everything you guys do is made with only one purpose in mind, just to make us spend more.
    Try offering us a better game experience, that should be your number one question in a meeting board " How can we make this game a better experience for everybody? " , not " How can we make them spend more money?".
    It is simple, but the problem is that guys like you or the forum/chat team are there just to make us shut up on the forum, atleast that is what i honestly feel.
    You are here just to act like a shield between us and BP, not as a connection....maybe try working on that aswell ?

Lil`Wolf likes this.
  16. Seren

It is a shame that you feel this way, and everyone has their own opinion. However I can state that all feedback we receive from our pirates is always forwarded to the management whether it is positive or compalints.

Seren GTL

17. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

our post would probually be more apt in the Ask the Producer post. huh !

18. frankthetank1974

frankthetank1974 Board Analyst

and they don't listen or give a flying I say lets do a pole ,, 1 good work bp management or 2 what a disgrace you are !.
    tell me would it be rigged :oops::oops:

Lil`Wolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.