Winter Storms Event 2017

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Nov 29, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Exceptional Talent

No more blue gifts comming out.I sunk 2 now.See none..

2. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

its not the most profitable or fun map to do... :/

Are you shooting them near an island? If so, then they will not spawn next to you as you are in range of the towers and the gifts shall be dispersed throughout the map

-Arky

America likes this.
  3. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Exceptional Talent

Yes it much have been that.To close to island.
    But where it was written,not shoot them close to island for gifts?:rolleyes:;)

4. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

America likes this.
  5. America

America Active Author

Should be a buff to disable the ability to fire on npc's for 5 minutes if you enter a island

6. Tergrinder

Tergrinder Junior Expert

Someone mentioned 20 voodoo cannons in quests - I've been doing them for days and haven't seen any - where/what quest gives cannons?

7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Quest (1) Defeat 5 Razorback's Tusk
    Return to the quest-giver Roger Flint

Rewards:
    Congratulations! Quest completed.
    You received 12000 Elite point(s).
    You received 5000 x Snow ammunition.
    You received 10 x Regent's Commonwealth. <--(Reputation Points)

Quest (2) Inflict at least 1,500,000 to the NPC Battering Ram
    Inflict at least 1,500,000 to the NPC Sentinel Stag
    Return to the quest-giver Roger Flint

Rewards:
    Congratulations! Quest completed.
    You received 75 x Gingerbread.
    You received 24000 Elite point(s).

Both Roger Flint *and* Eona Norling have the third quest below if you have 100 Reputation Points with each, and you get 10 Voodoo cannons from each (one time):

(3) Inflict at least 5,000,000 to the NPC Battering Ram
    Inflict at least 5,000,000 to the NPC Sentinel Stag

or

(3) Inflict at least 5,000,000 to the NPC King's Killer
    Inflict at least 5,000,000 to the NPC Ruler's Revenge

Side Note: Quests 1 and 2 that you must do for Eona Norling are:

(1) Kill 5 Monarch's Marauders

and (2) Inflict at least 1,500,000 to the NPC King's Killer
    Inflict at least 1,500,000 to the NPC Ruler's Revenge

Hope this helps you!

bodean likes this.
  8. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

^ I think it was 150 reputation points from each side, not 100.

9. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Might be....thanks for the correction mate!

10. lellu85

lellu85 Forum Inhabitant

Does the black market close same time event ends? Didnt find info on faq

11. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Although it is not stated in the forum, it is often open for another 2-3 days after the event has ended. The event ends on 4th January at 12:00 CEST, so I would imagine that the Black Market will close at 12:00 CEST on Saturday 6th Jan. This is just my assumption though.

Thanks,
    ~Des

12. The black market will be open until 4th January 11:59 pm.

13. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

When will we know what they plan to exchange the candy canes and gingerbread men for? And when?

14. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

My guess is it will be Snowball ammo (not burning ice). Something like 100:1 for gingerbread men and 150:1 for candy canes. That's my guess...now we will wait and see.

15. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

most likely will be Ice ammunition, i believe they do a Winters Thaw event shortly after winter event.

16. -redak-

-redak- Active Author

Great event from start to end. The rewards were good and there was a lot of variety along the way (although it got a bit boring towards the end, because it was such a long event).

The gingerbread prices for the designs and pets were high, but fair, and very realistic in my opinion. You had to work somewhat to get them all, but it was doable with some effort. Good balance there in this event.

I am normally quite critical, so you can take that as a good sign.

Main weakness is again the bot problem. Event rankings are totally wrecked by the eternal cheaters and therefore unattainable for honest players. There were (are) examples of bots sailing the same map 24/7 during the entire duration of the event (oh, it was a bit funny to see how they sometimes ran out of snow ammo and would seek to shoot the event admirals repeatedly with limited success...). I simply do not understand the business model, why this is being tolerated.

Loki1621, The*Defiant and Panthoneum like this.
  17. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I must agree. I didn't play the event so much but I enjoyed what I experienced. A variety of NPCs and minigames for players to take part in. Profit was good from the Ruler's Revenge and Sentinel Stag NPCs and Gingerbread were not ridiculously expensive to obtain.

In regards to your question around the bots, the "business plan" around leaving these here is basically that it took too long to address and would now cause too severe a financial impact on BigPoint.

BigPoint, if this "feedback" is actually fed back and reviewed by anybody, event rankings where admirals spawn in random maps that are displayed to all players is the best way to have a bot-free event rank as the bots do not go to these maps. Please try and continue this approach to rankings in the future to ensure the rankings can be participated in fairly, where legitimate players have the edge.

Thanks,
    ~Des

Loki1621 likes this.
  18. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

The exchange has now been added to the event FAQs.

Bawdyn likes this.
  19. -redak-

-redak- Active Author

I feel the main problem is (as you suggest) that player input does not circulate back to the SeaFight team or they just decide to ignore. Threads are created, but nodoby (from the development team) reads it or care (dare?) to take action on it.

As regards the bot problem, yes it would probably be a shellshock in the short run, but it appears to me that long-term sustainability of the game would be a much better and more economically attractive option (i.e., trading off short term profits against long-run growth and vastly larger cash flows down the line, when the game has recovered from the ban rounds)

Loki162 likes this.
  20. =308Marksman=

=308Marksman= Regular

Event was a huge disappointment.

Not sure what was worse... the bots or the antics of certain Alliances.

Either way....the end results the same.

I played for 2 days at he start of the event and quit.

No point in playing such a lopsided and unfair game.

No point in contacting support... They claim there is nothing they can do.

So,by all means.... keep doing nothing about it.

Do nothing long enough...and you dont have to do anything.

_RATTY_. and The*Defiant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.