Winter Thaw Event 2018

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jan 21, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

It finally happened! My pirates all get an extra bottle of rum!:)

2018-01-28 08:58:14 You received 10932 EP (experience points).
    2018-01-28 08:58:14 You sank Grumpy Boar's ship.
    2018-01-28 08:58:14 You received 1 x Sigurd Lundgren.
    2018-01-28 08:58:14 You received 1 x Event key.
    2018-01-28 08:58:14 You received 6091 x Snow ammunition.

2. I had alot of pearls lying around after the last winter event, a lot ;)

The*Defiant likes this.
  3. hejssa5

hejssa5 Forum Apprentice

actually, if u had the slightest idea about the game, you would know that these icefloes does not have the same spawn rate as in the previous event, botters have no impact on this, in the winter event it was fine but in this event, it has been decreased to an amount that is honestly not even worth to mention.

4. hejssa5

hejssa5 Forum Apprentice

now, im not trying to defend botters, but if u want to accuse the botters of destroying content in the game, atleast come up with cold hard facts.

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I got up to take the dogs out and checked the Resource strain on Seafight at the time. It appears that -redak- has a very valid point on botters, as evidenced in the fact that my pc is set at a maximum of 40 fps and usually during the day the MEM is somewhere between 100 to 200 Mb max.

[​IMG]

Dosguru1 likes this.
  6. Dream~Crusher

Dream~Crusher Someday Author

This is a very nice Event! I do wish that the Event chests did not give out things like the items below. I do not expect them all to be great, but if a bad chest could have like 1 amulet, that would be acceptable. (Like many, I think I have enough Elmo's Fires until the year 2050).

2018-01-30 07:50:48 You received 42 x Black gunpowder.
    2018-01-30 07:50:48 You received 5 x Elmo's Fire.
    2018-01-30 07:50:47 1 x Event key was/were removed. Reason: Chest opened.
    2018-01-30 07:50:47 You opened a locked chest.

7. Satan_Himself

Satan_Himself Forum Baron

Please despawn black rams after 10 minutes if no one attacked them. They dont pay well and they are really annoying.

Sad thing is that they put these in payment chests. I remember event keys being only available in payment in halloween 2012, but they gave things like voodoo doom and tens of mojos at once, not that crap.

Dream~Crusher likes this.
  8. how are black rams annoying and dont pay well ??? there like 5 mill hp and get like 9k pearls thats really no diffrent to shooting a elk thing with what 9 mill and recieve 18k 9+9= for black ram so 2 black rms is pretty much like 1 elk lol dont despawn leave as is :rolleyes: some ppls maths are obviously not that great lol

Destruction likes this.
  9. WannaBeBest

WannaBeBest Forum Apprentice

if you shoot that 5m what black rams have hitpoints to raid you get 15k pearls and from black ram only 9k so black rams are much worse than raid :D

10. its no diffrent to shooting any event marduks have less hp and recieve same pearls lol its not about what you make its about enjoying summut diffrent even though there repeated yearly ppl complain there aint an event then moan when there is 1 about it cant win lol. ya even got players hollowing grumpy boars obviously comatossed when its still profitable to snowball them. just cause it dont suit your needs dont mean others are not happy with it so why alter cause of 1 or 2 ppls problems.

yes raid will be more profitable but you can do that anytime events are staged here and there. so if your profiting threw out the year in raid maps why the tears of loosing abit on events lol greed ??? the games not designed to profit every time.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  11. All of you should stop complaining.. BP really made a great move in this event, the ships might be a bit less profitable but the black market is really good. You can buy voodoo doom for 864 (216/crystal discount + premium) with no limits. Besides that, you can get your hands on windstorms, hailstorms & skyfire rockets with a great discount compared to what they cost in the normal market. Not to forget, chest keys. They are on the black market for 2 crystals/key(432 pearls) against 1000 pearls on regular black markets. Outta here.

-: Ghost - Mega America

12. Dream~Crusher

Absolutely true. I agree with your comments. I was just suggesting improvements like we once had (50,000 Burning ice ammo from a regular chest was neat)!

13. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Here's some math against the Black Rams:
    - It takes (me at least) about 10k Burning Ice to defeat a Black Ram.
    - To make 10k of BI I need to spend 20k in Ice ammo and 10k in pearls.
    - If I get 9k pearls for sinking it, this means that each Ram costs me 20k of Ice ammo and 1k of pearls.
    - To make 20k of Ice ammo, it costs me 30k of Snow ammo and 200k gold
    - Snow ammo, when you could buy it, was 15k pearls for 30k
    - To shoot a Black Ram costs me 16k pearls net (25k - 9k). Even if I start with the assumption that I am using the free Ice ammo from the bonus code, I'm still down 1k pearls for each Ram. I'm way better off using the Ice ammo to shoot Elks. The 100k free Ice ammo can sink about 5 of them (for me at least), so I'll get about 90k pearls instead.

The only reason to shoot the Rams is for the quests.

Pagan_Spirit likes this.
  14. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

So even though the ships give good profit, you think they're pointless because theyre not as good as raid map? You evidently play a very one-sided server where you can go in Raid Map 24/7 lol

Lady.Wolf and Lil`Wolf like this.
  15. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

I shoot 100k with Flares. Add the burn damage in and a Black Ram takes around 45 shots to finish. I have 361 Cannons.

361x45 = 16245 Flares
    16245*0.35 = 5685 Pearls

So It costs me 5685 Pearls to do 1 Black Ram, which in turn grants me back 9000 Pearls. That is a 37% profit.

Definitely worth it.

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  16. im using snow ammo which is freely made from profits from grumpys ive no idea why any1 would pay to convert the ammo when you can shoot with normal pammo??? ive completed every quest and freely shooting whatever i like and im not even close to going in to old pearls lol if anything my pearls are accumulting and so are my snowballs so obviously the only way your loosing out is your way lol

GoDie likes this.
  17. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I agree that if you hit hard enough you can profit. That's why I said 'for me'. ;) You hit 100k with Flares? Wouldn't Flares hit the same as regular p ammo against a Ram?

Yes, I'm also using the free Snow ammo, I haven't upgraded any ammo yet as I did the above math and decided it wasn't worth doing. Mind you, the trade off of using the Snow ammo is the time to find and shoot Boars with Hollows (to maximize Snow inventory). I still think that if it weren't for the quests that the Elks are better profit than the Rams.

18. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

Yes they would, however regular p-ammo doesn't provide damage over time, unlike his flares which do because of his Wildfire and Poisoners Lab castles.

-Arky

Destruction likes this.
  19. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Yes, as Arky explained, they would do the same base damage but due to the two castles they deal burn damage that racks up nicely.

I agree that the Elks are still better. 10m HP for 18k Pearls is the same profit margin as Black Rams, but being able to use Ice Ammo that is essentially free to obtain without pearls (if you hollow Grumpy Boars and turn all the snowballs into Ice) gives it that edge. Both are still profitable NPCs still, but of course this does still depend on the damage you can deal per shot.

~Des

20. Dream~Crusher

Does anyone know if the pearl payout on the Event NPCs increases as you get more Reputation Points? If so, how many do you need?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.