Winter Thaw Event

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by TEX~BULL, Jan 17, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kb_rembrandt

kb_rembrandt Junior Expert

Sorry Tex. Let me rephrase my feedback - the ice floes are awful. I never expect much from them but they are certainly worse than in previous events. Not sure if BP did that on purpose.

2. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

thank you for that feedback. I will be sure to add it to my report this week.

Tex

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

For those of us who play without any illegal assistance, could we have some Crown packages to buy that don't cost an arm and a leg? Crowns come in handy right now for this Event. Thank you.

4. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

I will pass your request along.

Tex

The*Defiant likes this.
  5. piranhahunter

piranhahunter Forum Connoisseur

2019-01-22 19:14:33
    You sank Elegant Elk's ship.
    You've received 8x Sigurd Lundgren reputation.
    You received 15844 x Pearls
    2019-01-22 18:23:12
    You sank Elegant Elk's ship.
    You received 14706 x Pearls.
    You've received 8x Sigurd Lundgren reputation.
    did i miss something//why did u guys make the rewards smaller??i sunk these npc on my own and still got only this as rewards

6. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

We are not aware that the rewards had been lowered. I have had them range from 16k to 25k so as far as we know nothing has changed.

Tex

7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Tex: Please label this as part of "my feedback for the developers" relative to this Event. I have received some really nice things from this Event (but my boat is pretty loaded, so I can benefit from the quests/rewards). For new players however, this may well not be true. But more specifically, as to these packages offered under the name "Deals for a new Era", they don't make any sense on the ammo. Marauder Ammo on 2 of the 3 packages? Why? We just had that Event, and players *right now* need burning ice ammo, snow ammo, and Crowns. At least I do. I just wish whomever puts these packages together would give them more thought! Thanks Tex.

TEX~BULL likes this.
  8. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Thanks for that. I will definitely add your comments to the report and ad d a few of my own.

Tex

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Can confirm the event was not well balanced for lower level players like myself, the only profitable thing to shoot were the black rams and even those were locked out due to requiring a lot of crowns to purchase. The elk rewards were not great and they had frankly insane dodge chance. And this won't be the case for higher levels but the boars were not profit to shoot using snowballs so the only way to get them would be to pay for them. There was no way to progress without having a high end setup to start with or purchacing a lot of ammo. I understand that by paying you should get an advantage sure but this is literally unplayable without paying, I just spent the free ammo and called it a day.

10. piranhahunter

piranhahunter Forum Connoisseur

hmmm ok thanx texx
    i thought the rewards were in range 18k to 22k

fact

Last edited by moderator: Jan 25, 2019
  11. DanceCZ

DanceCZ Forum Apprentice

I remember it being mentioned specifically that the event keys will be changed to normal at ratio of 1:1.
    Now that event almost over you guys change it to 2:1. How is this fair?

Maybe tomorrow you will say Doomhammer cannons can only be used to shoot hollow ammo. What do we do then.. throw them overboard?

MiniMeanie likes this.
  12. MiniMeanie

MiniMeanie Padavan

The event compensation will run tomorrow at 12 noon UTC (1 pm CET).

Due to the very cheap price for the event keys, we´ve decided to changed the ratio, the event keys will be exchanged 1 - 0,5, means for 2 event keys, players will get 1 normal key.

It specifically stated in the ORIGINAL event post that Keys would be exchanged 1:1. I have a screen shot of it, tho can't remember how to post the picture, but if I have to I will find out. However I shouldn't have to as you have clearly stated that you (devs) have decided to change this.

You edited the post, I know you can do this without it showing.

As the keys were cheap as advertised, I purchased a pack only to get the crystals, now you are saying that basically that pack has cost me twice as much. This I feel is basically theft. The exchange rate should not be changed so late in the day. This is a total disgrace. I guarantee you that I would NOT have purchased the pack, knowing the rate would be 1:0.5 nor I'm sure would many others.

While I do want you to feed this back to the dev team. I don't want to really just be fobbed off with the usual "we will feed it back but can't do nothing about it" I know you on the forum have your hands tied, but I'm also aware that there are those on the team that have the ear of the devs and community mangers. When you feed it back to them, please be kind enough to post their reply. This really is an outrage.

DanceCZ and Namikaze-PE$ like this.
  13. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As you stated you know that we will pass this along. As you also know we do not always get answers. I am going to say this as nicely as I can so please do not take offense.
    You can demand a response from the higher up, but that does not mean you will get one.

We are merely passing along what has been given to us.

I am going to ask that if you wish to pursue this further to email BigPoint directly and not here on the forum. To do so could lead to infractions and a loss of forum privileges.

Tex

14. Martin|Wfa|

Martin|Wfa| Forum Greenhorn

Due to the very cheap price for the event keys, we´ve decided to changed the ratio, the event keys will be exchanged 1 - 0,5, means for 2 event keys, players will get 1 normal key.

Is this a joke? Think about all people who wasted pearls now on these keys and haven't opened it yet and will get half of them removed, not to talk that rewards from chests are really bad compared to your "new price" for keys if calculated, this has to be a joke, at least offer a refund for all pearls spent, especially for small players.

Moved to discussion thread

Last edited by moderator: Jan 29, 2019
    DanceCZ, Namikaze-PE$ and Smaller like this.
  15. Smaller

Smaller Forum Apprentice

yeah should have stated it since the beginning not at the end of the event :mad:

Post moved to discussion thread

16. SΛТΛЛS-ϾUЯSΞ™

SΛТΛЛS-ϾUЯSΞ™ Someday Author

it is not allowed actually to happen by law where i come from...

17. Namikaze-PE$

Namikaze-PE$ Forum Greenhorn

From now on I think you should say the changes from the beginning of the event and not the end, to avoid problems and lost pearls for smaller boats.

18. Ðî®T¥*Ѐ€d§

Ðî®T¥*Ѐ€d§ Someday Author

Way to tell everyone less than 24h before event ends. should change this or offer refund

19. canweAlljustgetalong

canweAlljustgetalong Forum Apprentice

what a bunch of ripoff artists! why would you drop this on us the last day of the event instead of at the beginning? why would you cheat us out of pearls used to purchase the crystals to ket the event keys? i understand it would be a small break for the community for what they cost us so far but after you cut in half what we thought we purchased without stating it up front is stealing or false advertising in the beginning if you are not staying to the 1:1 like the event started with. you might as well go back after the event see many pearls every player made and take half of them away. it's the same thing. right now an event key cost 2 crystals which is 636 pearls a slight break for players but if you make the ratio 2:1 then it cost 1,272 for each event key when in any event they only cost 1,000 pearls. you are cheating us after we purchased the keys in good faith based on previous information. how do you think it is right to change it on the last day? please in the future make up an event and stick to what you state which in fact is advertising what you are offering. the difference in this case is you are waiting until keys are purchased and then changing the ratio which is the same as taking pearls or money from the players.

20. MiniMeanie

MiniMeanie Padavan

Seriously, I could get banned if I discuss this further on a discussion thread???. Wow, just wow!

1. I wasn't rude.
    2. I didn't use bad language
    3. I didn't use all caps
    4. I didn't insult anyone on the forum
    5. I specifically stated this was the devs fault and not any of the mod team
    and
    6. I didn't demand anything, I asked that you provide an answer from the devs. That is a request, not a demand.

I will contact bigpoint directly as I feel that they are in breech of contract.

But, as this is a discussion thread about the event, I feel that I should be able to discuss the event, and changes made to the event, and after event compensation without threat of being banned from the forum. I feel that was really bad form Tex.

The server that I play on, has over 70 thousand registered accounts. There were 2001 players that actually had points in the event ranking. I kinda think that this type of underhand tactic by the devs is what is contributing to the lack of players still around and participating. I know that there are many other reasons, but bad customer service on the Devs part certainly has a hand in it.

The mod team has put up a discussion thread in order that we give feedback, that's is my feedback. I'll continue this in my letters to support.

Tergrinder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.