1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curiosities

Discussion in 'Players´ Corner' started by whitekitty, Dec 9, 2014.

Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
  1. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

Hello, everybody! (wave)
    I did not know where to post that so I opened a new thread. Actually, we have always had a thread for curiosities on the Bulgarian forum and have always enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy such a thread, too.
    This article about the unique green Varna cat features quite a few pictures and a video, therefore I find it more convenient to post a link. If it does not open for certain locations, please let me know and I will post a summary and just a couple of pictures.

http://www.boredpanda.com/green-cat-varna-bulgaria/

:cry: or :D ???
    Looking forward to your contributions,
    Whitekitty
    =^.^=

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. feej1274

feej1274 Living Forum Legend

I think he looks quite stunning in those colours bless him:inlove:

donademene and BeastMasterXXX like this.
  3. BeastMasterXXX

BeastMasterXXX Living Forum Legend

yeah, he certainly stands out it a crowd (hug)

donademene and feej1274 like this.
  4. bubobubo

bubobubo Old Hand

The green cat looks cute but I am little bit worried if the paint is poisonous as cats tend to lick their fur:oops:

5. pek712

pek712 All knowing Oracle

So cute (hug)

6. feej1274

feej1274 Living Forum Legend

Hopefully Bubo they will catch him soon and be able to check him out and make sure he is ok(chuckle)

7. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

According to the people living in the neigbourhood, the cat turned green last winter as well. The garage is obviously his winter residence. And the owner is reported to be living abroad so the paint cannot be removed. Anyway, it seems to be harmless. Besides, Hulk (as they often call him) and his ginger companion get plenty of food and attention. There are even jokes going around about him planning to turn purple next year.
    Some people seem to think that it's not much of a job to corner and catch a cat. I was one of them until I was commissioned to translate some interviews with our zoo staff for a film. I knew about the notorious jackal, nicknamed Houdini, who kept everybody - keepers, doctors, managers - busy for months with her tricks. She was a very ingenious escape artist and almost impossible to catch once she sneaked out of her enclosure. Visitors to the zoo had great fun trying to track her and take pictures. The details about all the futile attempts to capture her - traps of all sorts, arrows and what not - really stunned me. It's unbelievable how cunning animals can be when it comes to their freedom.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  8. pek712

pek712 All knowing Oracle

I saw him on my twitter feed too!

[​IMG]

donademene likes this.
  9. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

OMG! I had heard about the Japanese 'cat islands' but I had never imagined anything like that:

http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2015/03/a-visit-to-aoshima-a-cat-island-in-japan/386647/

o_O Enjoy! [​IMG]
    Or - don't! As the case may be. In fact, I read a lot of controversial commentaries under the English, Bulgarian and Russian versions of that article... Bulgarians are the kindest. Only one commentary like: Am I the only one disgusted? and an immediate curt answer: You are! Feel free to leave the thread! The English-speaking world seems mostly concerned about cat-population issues.
    I am looking forward to more commentaries. ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  10. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

What one can invent!
    DYED [EASTER] CHICKENS!
    o_O

https://jezzbean.wordpress.com/tag/chicks/
    Instructions: http://www.wikihow.com/Color-Chickens

It seems that the second method, injecting the eggs with vegetable-based dye, has been used by farmers for practical purposes - to distinguish one hatch or breed of chickens from another while raising them...
    However, there is one drawback of dyeing chickens for Easter: the traditional red colour is not recommended, as the other chickens will tend to attack the red-coloured one and peck at it... Though I can see nothing like that in the clip below.

11. Laura9376

Laura9376 Forum Commissioner

CURIOSITIES ABOUT THE HUMAN BEING

- When you were in the maternal belly you developed 250,000 neurons per second.

- The brain is more active during the night than during the day.

- The human brain is fully formed at age 20.

- Smart people, sometimes, underestimate their abilities and the ignorant tend to mistakenly believe that they are brilliant.

- The human being has 270 emotions (positive, negatives and variables).

- Your dreams are unique, every dream is connected with your own reality, experiences and personal life.

- According to the World Health Organization the stage of adolescence is between the 10 and the 19 years.

- Any failure that we may suffer in life, can become it a small success if we follow the right path. Keep walking.

[​IMG]