1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Еxchange of tools

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by whitekitty, Nov 19, 2014.

Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
  1. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

Hello, everybody!
    We have not been invited or encouraged to share our opinion about the exchange of tools for XPs but I am curious to follow the community's reaction.
    I have been collecting tools for a new expansion of the Hidden Zoo for months. They are very elusive, as you all know, and I felt thrilled about each fresh tool I found on the safari. I have currently got 48 tools - just 2 short of my subsequent expansion. If I do not get them by next week, I will have to pay 50 ZDs for it. Anyway, unlucky moments are unavoidable, I guess.
    What shocked me, though, was the exchange rate. I will get 480 XPs for months of hoarding tools!? It looks like some kind of mockery to me. Even first-levellers would not care about a couple of XPs so I would rather not be compensated at all.
    How about you?
    With due respect to the Team,
    Whitekitty

*TC1*, bubobubo, pek712 and 2 others like this.
  2. feej1274

feej1274 Living Forum Legend

Just a shame we can not gift people tools. I have no use for mine and would happily give them to players who are so close to getting their 50 etc to get the expansions. I also agree the exchange rate is shockingo_O

But I also understand the game needs to move on and the poor Devs have a task on their hands keeping us all happy

BeastMasterXXX and whitekitty like this.
  3. chri04g4

chri04g4 Active Author

I too am shocked at the exchage rate, you should at least get a million xp in exchange for a tool. 10 xp are rediculously little. I too have worked for months trying to get tools enough for the next expansion, and I am finaly getting near. So I am very dissapointed. I do hope, there will be an other way of expanding your zoos, beside buying them for zds. If not, I think you would make everybody very happy, If you, gave us the next expansion, as an early X-mas present.

feej1274 and BeastMasterXXX like this.
  4. yangelis

yangelis Someday Author

I notice this announcement in the forum.

I can't believe this is true. This is tottally unfair!

When you want to enlarge the secret zoo you have to use Tools or Zoodollares.
    So, there are a exchange rate among Zoodollares and Tools.

So, if the developers want to withdraw the Tools from the game, they must be changed by Zoodolores.

bubobubo, .SandraJ. and whitekitty like this.
  5. BeastMasterXXX

BeastMasterXXX Living Forum Legend

Hey Whitekitty, thanks for starting this thread, to give us all a chance to air our thoughts whether they be joys or grievances

I am in agreement with you all about the very poor exchange rate of tools to XP.

I am lucky enough to already have a fully expanded second zoo, so the tools i have collected are redundant, and like my dear friend Fee, I would gladly hand them over to players who nee the odd few to get their next expansion.

One small objection to our friend Chri's suggestion of 1 millions XP to 1 tool would be that even very low level players from level 7 may have picked up a tool or 2 from the safari. If they then got 1 or 2 million extra XP, what level would they then spring up to? Where is the fun in that?

Also, although it seems like a good idea to give everyone a zoo expansion as an early Christmas prezzie, some players already have fully expanded zoos, so what would they get?

I agree with my friend Fee that the Devs really have their paws full trying to keep us all amused and i, for one, think they are doing a great job, trying to balance the needs of new players and higher level players - it must be a nightmare for them.

Cheers for now, Beast

feej1274 likes this.
  6. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

Exchanging the tools for ZDs is a great idea and seems fair to everyone who has tools which they still need but obviously the matter has already been settled.
    :(

7. pek712

pek712 All knowing Oracle

Wow. I'm shoked. This is how much the devs think? That's almost scary!

8. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

OMG! I have just noticed that 1:10 is also the exchange rate of ZDs for PPs!!! I always thought that if a new player needed some PPs - to take part in a breeding event, let's say - they could buy something like 50 or 100 ZDs and be OK. It turns out that they'll need a whole fortune...
    There is this old anecdote about a merchant. When asked how much 2 + 2 makes, he answered: "3 when I buy and 5 when I sell." So, when BP gives us tools, 1 tool is the equivalent of 1 ZD but when they buy them back, their value is 10 XPs... Cute, huh?
    ;)
    P.S. Maybe they could make the Hidden Zoo expand automatically at every 10th level? That would also be fair, I think. Or, even better, at 15, 25, 35 etc. so we would have some expansion more often? That's just a suggestion. I don't know if it's technically possible.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  9. *TC1*

*TC1* All knowing Oracle

I too had been saving up my tools for the final secret zoo expansion and am appalled by the lack of consultation. Lots of things are ZD in this game and this was a nice way for players to expand a zoo for free, after all the other two can only be expanded with ZD. I am fast becoming disillusioned and disheartened by this game.

10. The Scorpion

The Scorpion Team Leader Team Zoomumba

Hello Whitekitty and Everyone

Firstly, thank you for opening this thread, Whitekitty, so that we can all discuss what is going on at the moment.

We have read all your comments about you being disappointed 1. at the removal of the tools and 2. the exchange rate tools : XP being 1 : 10

Our Community Manager and the Dev Team have been discussing this in depth, and I can say that the removal of the tools is to make way for a new feature that will be appearing soon. Also there are plans to bring in an expansion program in line with the main zoo, that is expansions given at certain levels - perhaps every 10 but yet to be fully decided.

The reason why we cannot give a higher rate of exchange for tools to XP, is that this might result in lower level players getting several level advances at once which might possibly result in losses of level up rewards, and available items.

We do not want to see our players upset, and ask that you bear with us while discussions are continuing.

Kind regards Scorpion
    for
    Your ZooMumba Team

11. bubobubo

bubobubo Old Hand

I think that giving 1zd for 1tool or even 1zd for every 5 tools would make many zookeepers happy regardless of their levels.
    Luckily I have "only" 16/50 tools at this moment but I would feel very frustrated if I would be near of getting new expansion with them.
    To be honest the 1:10 xp exchange does not feel like any kind of compensation for me.
    Its great that there will be some new feature but as it has been very hard and time consuming to collect those tools we currently have, seeing them go without any remarkable compensation feels a bit unfair.

feej1274 and *TC1* like this.
  12. The Scorpion

The Scorpion Team Leader Team Zoomumba

This Post by Fatzollo has been pasted verbatim. when moved from another area of the forum. Scorpion

the thread about exchange of tools and elimination of tools is not open so I post it here

collecting tools from safari was the good possibility to expand Your 2nd and 3rd Zoos. With no new animals on safari rides it was the only reason to use them for me. Now one more way to get something without ZD will be cut.
    And the rate 1 tool = 10 EP is really pathetic. Less then a small garbage pile.

Hope pinguins will built something useful like exchange of ZP to EP or animal and stuff trading center or kinda social network between players at least.

feej1274 and .SandraJ. like this.
  13. whitekitty

whitekitty Forum Baron

Hello, Team!
    The official solution to the tool issue published yesterday is very wise and fair to everyone, I think. Thank you for taking into consideration the players' feelings and opinions. It is unlikely that there be any more complaints and grudges so the OPs (I, myself and me) are fine with your closing the thread if you consider it the proper thing to do.
    Yours happy,
    Whitekitty
    :D

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    BeastMasterXXX and feej1274 like this.
  14. zoo2oo

zoo2oo Forum Freak

I was very suprised when I entered my Zoo this week. I must admit I dont often play, haven´t got the time but enjoy it once in a while. And I play while it is free and I dont have to use a lot of Money. This new Development. using ZD´s for enlarging your Zoo, will make it almost impossible to do without paying!

The other new features I like very much.

I too would welcome a kind of social Network between players, maybe with possibilities of changing animals and stuff.

I think I am one of the few of Danish players left!

Have a nice weekend

BeastMasterXXX likes this.