1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Penny & Perry

Discussion in 'Who is Who - The Team' started by The Scorpion, Jun 28, 2014.

Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
  1. The Scorpion

The Scorpion Team Leader Team Zoomumba

Hey there Everyone

We have been around now for quite a while so thought it would be nice to tell you a little bit about ourselves :).

We had a word with Mrs Osprey and Mr Scorpion, and they said it would be cool for us to post our thread in the “Who is who – the Team” area of the forum :D.

We are two young penguins called Penny and Perry. We are brother and sister and live with our parents on an ice habitat in ZooMumba. We attend the ZooMumba school and are good at a variety of subjects including mathematics, sciences, geography, art, music, languages and history 8).

Some time ago Mr Adam, the ZooMumba Penguin Entertainments Manager, decided he would like some help in organising some forum games, so he approached the School Principal, Mr Kangaroo, to ask if he could recommend a couple of penguins for the job – and here we are. Mr Adam offered us both an internship in the ZooMumba Entertainments Office, and we were delighted to accept :). We don't get paid any Zoo Dollars or Pet Pennies for our work but we do get lots of fish soup, fish pizza and fish ice cream to keep us well happy 8).

As the job includes assisting the community it also counts towards our Community Assistance Program hours that we have to complete every year as part of the ZooMumba School curriculum :D.

We like to arrange various forum games for you all to take part in and we also suggest the prizes to be won, but these have to be agreed to by Mrs Osprey and Mr Scorpion. If the prize is a decoration or a habitat we are allowed to visit the ZooMumba warehouse and with the help of the Maintenance Penguins we can deliver them to your zoo depots if you are a winner, but prizes such as Zoo Dollars, Pet Paws, Provisions (food, water and potions) and Assistants have to be booked to you by a Team Admin – such as Board Admins, Mrs Osprey or Mr Scorpion – or a Manager.

We do not have our own Forum Team accounts, that is why we have to use Mrs Osprey's or Mr Scorpion's account when we post our forum games or acknowledge your game entries. We know that this forum is very friendly and everyone is very respectful to each other here, so we try to be the same to you all and to the Team members. Sometimes, we may be a bit cheeky :p – especially Perry, he says it's a 'boy thing' - but never to the point of being rude and we always try to be very friendly to everyone. We know that Mrs Osprey or Mr Scorpion will ground us if we misbehave at all :oops:.

It takes us quite a while to prepare, post and monitor the forum games so we would really like to see lots of you entering our games – they are a bit of fun for you and there is also a chance for you to win a prize too. We do get a little sad, when there are few entries considering all the work we put into organising these games :(.

OK. that's us finished here. Thank you for reading our thread and we look forward to seeing you all here in our friendly English language forum. Feel free to drop us a message here, if you would like to :).

Take care and keep safe everyone.

Love Penny and Perry.
    Assistants to the ZooMumba Penguin Entertainments Manager

2. pek712

pek712 All knowing Oracle

Hello Penny & Perry!

Nice to know about you.

I really like the forum games, they are different and interesting:)
    Keep up the good work - and don't get sad if you don't get a lot of entries, it happens.
    Remember that you'll still get some delightful fish treats :D:p8):D

Looking forward to what interesting forum games you are planning in the future :)

Best wishes,
    pek712

3. The Scorpion

Hey Pek

Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words. It is so nice to know that we and our efforts are appreciated - and yes! there are always those delicious fish treats to look forward too :D.

We will do our best to give you all a constant supply of games to get to grips with 8).

Very best wishes to you and to your family.

Perry & Penny

4. lianne712

lianne712 Forum Great Master

Hi P & P (I hope you don't mind that I abbreviate your names like this),

I'm very grateful for all the work you do for us. The games are fun, even if there are only a few contesters. Be sure that we really appreciate it!

Best wishes, Lianne

5. The Scorpion

Hey Lianne

No we don't mind that at all :). In fact, when we are with the Team they usually refer to us as P&P too ;)

Thank you for for your lovely message, we really do appreciate you taking the time to write to us. :D

Kind regards to you and your family
    Perry & Penny

6. BeastMasterXXX

BeastMasterXXX Living Forum Legend

Hi Penny & Perry

I just wanted to add my thanks as well for your lovely forum games. I don't often enter them, not because I don't like them but rather because it is important that others get the chance to win your prizes.

Keep up your sterling work.

Your friendly Beast

Carlos.Daniel, Fluse and The Scorpion like this.
  7. The Scorpion

Hey Beast

Thank you for your kind message. We do understand what you mean by wanting the prizes to go to other players - when you get to your level you have got most of what you need anyway :).

Best wishes to you, Mrs Beast and the family

Penny & Perry

8. Jane

Jane Commander of the Forum

Hello Penny & Perry. :)
    I'm a sort of "new entry" for the English Forum, but I like this "place" and if it's so, it's also thanks to you and your games. ;)
    Of course I don't want to take away anything to the Administrators behalf :rolleyes:, or to the whole community in general :), which is friendly and really enjoyable :); but what I'm saying is that I really do appreciate your games and your presence. So thanks for your nice introduction and... keep on with your amazing work, guys! ;) :D

I don't enter the games often, either...but that's mainly for lack of time, or well, like my friend Beast :p, wishing for someone else to have more possibilities to win the prizes. :)

9. The Scorpion

Hey there Jane

It was really good to received your lovely message, thank you so much. It is nice that our friends write in to show their appreciation for what we try to do here for the community.

We do enjoy our work here, and also reading all the posts and seeing the pictures and photographs. It is lovely environment in which to work, with friendly players and Team members too - and we really do get lots of fish pizza and fish ice cream in the staff restaurant which goes down a treat :D.

We do understand you not being ale to enter many games as having read your forum posts we know that you are very busy. But do feel free to enter as and when you can.

Kind regards Perry & Penny

10. pek712

Hi again little penguins!

I was bored, so I decided to ask you few questions :)
    Answer separately, so that Penny gives her own answer and Perry gives his own;)

1. What is your number-one-fish-treat?
    2. What is your favorite color?
    3. What do you do when you are bored?
    4. What is the most annoying thing about Mr Scorpion or Mrs Osprey? :p:D8)
    5. What about the best thing?:)
    6. Have you ever been grounded? Why?
    7. You are brother and sister and they usually have some quarrels, so is there something you don't like about each other?
    8. What is the best thing about each other?
    9. What is the best forum game you have ever created? (You can answer by the number of the entries, what was the most fun, etc.)
    10. What is your favorite animal (after penguins, of course :D)?
    11. What is the most annoying thing that people do?
    12. Which do you prefer;
    - a quiet day in the zoo, less visitors
    or
    - a busy day in zoo, lots of visitors?

There we go!
    That's what I would like to know about you :)

Have a fishy day! :p

Kind regards,
    pek712

Carlos.Daniel, Fluse, Jane and 2 others like this.
  11. The Osprey

The Osprey Forum Freak

Hello Pek wow just a few questions then. So I will start by saying

1. Got to be fish pizza

2. My favorite colour is red

3. When I am bored I like to make mischief for Mrs Osprey and Mr Scorpion:D

4. Mr Scorpion does get grumpy sometimes:eek:

5. Best thing has to be Perry;)

6. No I am always on my best behaviouro_O

7. He does have fishy feet sorry Perry but you do:D:D

8. He is always there if I need him

9. I liked Players versus The Team it was good fun to see everyone trying their hardest to beat the team.

10. I would have to say Dolphins they are so gracious as they swim by you

11. I do not like people who do not respect animals

12. For me a busy day in the zoo and lots of visitors.

I hope this is ok for you Pek

Kind regards Penny

12. The Scorpion

Hey there Pek. Now it is my turn to answer your questions :D

1. That definitely has to be fish pizza :D
    2. My favourite colour is blue 8)
    3. I like to wander around players' zoos and chat to all the animals.:D
    4. UM! Well, that's a difficult one. Nothing at all (said in the interest of self preservation - but between you and me, yes! Mr Scorpion can be a bit grumpy sometimes :eek:)
    5. Both Mrs Osprey and Mr Scorpion are very kind and patient.
    6. :oops: Well yes, that's a long story. A little while ago I was playing hide and seek with little Christian Crocodile and his baby cousin Crystal. Christian was messing about and put his tail through his Dad's garden cloche. Mr Crocodile was angry and Christian started getting a bit snappy - so I told Mr Crocodile that I had broken the cloche. He thanked me for owning up but said he would have to tell my Dad. I got grounded for 3 days - but Christian fessed up to his Dad and my Dad. When I explained the circumstances to my Dad he said he was proud of me for taking the blame for my friend and that because of what happened he could understand why I had told a white fib. So I got let off but Christian got grounded for 3 days :(
    7. Well now! being a girl, Penny thinks she is always right :rolleyes:.
    8. Penny is my best ever friend as well as my sister and I know I can confide in her and trust her with my life :D
    9. I agree with Penny, it has got to be Players vs Team. It took a while for the players to win but it was good to see so many players taking part.:)
    10. I like all the animals and don't really have a favourite.8)
    11. I don't like it when people don't say please and thank you. Our parents brought us up to watch our manners. Mrs Osprey and Mr Scorpion also insist that we are always polite and courteous to everyone here in the forum. :)
    12. It has to be a busy day. I enjoy talking to all the visitors and the animals get excited when there are lots of people visiting them. :D

I hope you like my answers, Pek

Kind regards Perry

13. pek712

Thank you so much for your answers, Penny&Perry!

I enjoyed reading through them.

Actually, the answers were so good that I asked Jim the feeder to bring you some fish pizza! :p:D It costed zoodollars but you really deserve it! :)
    It is still warm, but please eat it right away - otherwise it might get too cold in your icy habitat :rolleyes::D

Best regards
    pek712

Carlos.Daniel, Fluse and The Osprey like this.
  14. The Scorpion

Aw! Bless you Pek. Penny & I really did enjoy the fish pizza and yes, it was still nice and warm - just how we like it.:D

Thank you so much for your kindness and for thinking of us.:)

Kind regards Perry

15. pek712

Hi - again :rolleyes:

You are obviously my two favorite penguins in the world since I write here all the time (I hope you don't mind :oops:).

I have some suggestions for future forum games and a question :p

Suggestions and ideas for future forum games:
    1. Crosswords
    2. Code - solving (I hope you understand)
    3. Screenshot - competition (for example the best zoo)
    4. Story-telling-competition

Question:
    What do you know about Finland? 8):p

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  16. The Scorpion

Hey there Pek

Thank you so much for your game suggestions.

We have considered crosswords in the past, but these are quite difficult to compile :(. But we have tried some word search games which seem to work ok.

Code solving? Can you elaborate on this one for us please?

Screenshots - such as best zoos. Yes this is worth considering.

Stories. Short story competitions have already been tried with some success by Mrs Osprey and Mr Scorpion as official forum competitions, usually to celebrate certain occasions and special animal days.

Now then as to Finland.
    We suppose really that we don't know enough about your beautiful country :oops:. We do know the capital is Helsinki of course and that you use the Euro as a currency. Before the introduction of the Euro, your currency was the Markka or Suomen Markka. But there really is so much to learn about the history and geography, as well as demographics, politics, culture and much, much more :rolleyes:

Also, Lappland is partly in Finland (and partly in Sweden) and that is where Santa Claus lives with his reindeer - Dancer & Prancer, Dasher & Vixen, Comet & Cupid, Donner & Blitzen and Rudolf. We always try to be very good :D:p and definitely should be on Santa's 'Nice' list - and look forward to him visiting us at Christmas :D.

Kind regards
    Perry & Penny

17. The Osprey

The Osprey Forum Freak

I will so be on Santa's list, not sure about you Perry you did not tidy your room:eek:

Thanks Pek for your game ideas we are always looking for new suggestions:)

Kind regards Penny

18. BeastMasterXXX

BeastMasterXXX Living Forum Legend

Oh Wow! Penny and Perry, what nice answers to Pek's questions. And it seems you do know a little about Finland anyway.

Your friend Beast :D

Carlos.Daniel, Fluse and pek712 like this.
  19. The Scorpion

You are not supposed to squeal on me Penny :(, and anyway I let you have that last piece of fish pizza in exchange for helping me to tidy up ;).

Your dear brother, Perry :p

20. pek712

I have done some crosswords with Paint :D It doesn't have to be complicated, just the word we are trying to solve vertically and the hint-words horizontally. ;)

Sure.
    So you can decide for example, that all the E-letters are replaced with number 2. Therefore your name, for example, would be written like this:
    P2nny & P2rry. OK, that was quite easy, but you could replace more letters and then give us hint words, for example:
    Fish is f3sh
    and
    fruit is fr83t
    Then you could give us a sentence written with code language and we would try to solve it.
    I hope you understand now :)

Correct!
    Don't worry though, we're just a small little country here in north Europe, but I thought it would be fun to ask. :p:)

Would you like to know something more about Finland? I could write something in my player introduction, if you are interested. ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014