1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report #6 | Interview with Gamedesigner Nils: Recycling & Workshop

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by Fluse, Nov 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
  1. Fluse

Fluse Community Team Team Zoomumba

Hey Zoo directors,

I had the chance to ask a few questions to our game designer Nils. Read below what he answered and feel free to discuss with us. :)

Yours,

Fluse

Hi Nils! It's nice of you to have made some time for us once again.
    :) We're dying to know what awaits us in the zoo. Those construction workers certainly are taking quite some time – how are things going anyway?

Oh yes, the construction workers have had quite a lot to do but they are almost done. :) At the moment, the final touches are being made, but we'll soon celebrate the grand opening of the new buildings.

Some time ago, we talked about the possibility of being able to design different theme areas in your zoos – we're finally ready to do this now. That's why we'd like to present you with your very own workshop which you can use to make new decorations for different habitats, for example, a small desert region for your camel or desert fox. Or maybe even your own sand dune or small oasis to go with it? With the new workshop, we've opened up a world of opportunities for you to design your zoo to your own taste.

How is this all possible? Well, the clever little penguins noticed that our zoo visitors leave lots of garbage lying around the zoo. But garbage isn't always garbage – it usually contains lots of valuable materials which can be recycled. And that's why we've created a new recycling plant just for you.

The collected waste can then be recycled into valuable building materials which you can use in the workshop to build new items for your zoo. But of course, no master craftsmen just fell from the sky – instead you'll get building plans to help you swing your hammer like a true pro.

The building plans are scattered all over the game and you can collect them in many different places. They show you which materials are required in order to build a certain item.

Wow! Two functions in one! ;) What happened with all the other work to be done, such as the new leveling-up rewards, more game content for higher level players as well as something new for the safari or Wheel of Fortune?

While reconstructing the game, we didn't just try to build something new, but instead took care of a few older 'problems' and therefore integrated as many of your wishes as possible.

There's now a lot for you to discover at Zoomumba. For example, there are new level rewards up to level 80 in the form of new building plans. Many of the existing functions were also expanded with new content. Do you remember the habitat collections? We've added five expansion levels for ALL shop habitats. Once you've completed the new habitat collections, you can select a reward which can be used right away as a material in the workshop.

There will also be one or two building plans to get from awards, the Wheel of Fortune and in the safari. There are new rewards and surprises waiting for you on every corner. ;)

What will happen with all the excess items we have but can't use in the game? For example, significant quantities of PetPennies and pawprints? And wasn't there some commotion surrounding the announcement that the tools will be removed from the game? :oops:

In order to complete the entire feature as well as to make sure there are enough tools in the workshops for everyone, we need your help! It's time to tinker, hammer and nail away as soon as the workshop has been made accessible. Upon launching the new functions, we want to first collect all the tools in all zoos and give you experience points in exchange for them. The zoo expansion's function in the Hidden Zoo will be deactivated via tools anyway and the tools will soon be completely removed from the game.

We understand that you reacted the way you did, as in the past year, there have been less and less tools in the zoo and whoever managed to get their paws on some was one happy camper. Once the zoo expansion in the Hidden Zoo works, for example, in the main zoo (an expansion level for all ten levels will be unlocked), the tools will no longer be as exclusive as they once were. But we don't want to take away your chance to expand your zoos ahead of time. That's why when we release the new buildings, you'll also have the chance to expand the zoo ahead of time using a combo of tools and ZooDollars.

Do you still not know what to do with your PetPennies and pawprints? Great! Then here's your chance to get off to a quick start in the recycling plant and Workshop. All you need to get recycling is some garbage, a few PetPennies and some patience. And it's not much different in the workshop: You'll need building plans, the required materials and pawprints from your lovely animal helpers, so that you can manufacture some new, one-of-a-kind decorations for your zoo. :)

Awesome! :eek: That sounds great. Not only do we have a lot to do again, but there's also a way for us to use our PetPennies and Pawprints again – and even the garbage!

I hope, you'll have fun with both new features. It would make me really happy if you sent in a few screenshots of your new theme regions in your zoo!

Of course, your feedback means a lot to us. I look forward to hearing your constructive criticism, suggestions for improvement as well as your ideas. :)

Yours truly,

Nils

2. BeastMasterXXX

BeastMasterXXX Living Forum Legend

Hey Nils and Fluse

Thank you for the update and news on the recycling and workshop that you are arranging for us. I am looking forward to it coming to our zoos.

Pizza and energy drinks on the way to you.

Cheers for now, Beast

donademene, Fluse, feej1274 and 3 others like this.
  3. pedro_bdfp

pedro_bdfp Regular

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :inlove:
    That sounds SOOO cool!! I'm looking foward to have the themed areas in the zoos! yay yay yay :inlove:!. If you visit my zoo you may notice it is kinda divided already, first by different habitats and the by different animal taxa (all birds together, all lizards together, all ungulates together, etc.
    I'm so happy , and so are my animals! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

warm regards;

Pedro

donademene, Fluse, feej1274 and 3 others like this.
  4. feej1274

feej1274 Living Forum Legend

I am soooo looking forward to this thank you Devs and Fluse:)

donademene, Fluse and The Scorpion like this.
  5. Carlos.Daniel

Carlos.Daniel Active Author

Wow, this is really amazing , I hope very soon to arrive , only have one question :):
    I wonder , not only seje a little bit, if one day or now, the long-awaited Ocean World will come ? Because I never heard of him , or whether you will arrive , you could you obtain this information?: o_Ops:: o_Ops:.

Fluse likes this.
  6. Fluse

Thanks a lot for your nice words. :inlove: I'm really curious about your themed areas and we are soooo excited about tomorrow, when we go live with the new features. xD I will start to create a zoo full of coast cages and coast decorations, and perhaps you have some ideas about new animals fitting into this kind of coastal landscape? :music:

What are your favorite landscapes? ;)

Warm regards,

Fluse

7. Labofant

Labofant Junior Expert

Not happy at all with the dissapearance of the tools. If I understand correctly now I have to wait 10 levels for my second zoo to expand as well (or use valuable zoo-dollars). Don't like it at all.
    As far as the other things are concerned: They sound good and I'm eager to see how it exactly works.

.Adamantia. likes this.
  8. DarkryCZ

DarkryCZ Forum-Greenhorn

Hi boys and girls... I like the new up-date, but...
    Why you´ve deleted finding items for upgrading the Secret Zoo?
    It can be in the game... I won´t to pay money for ZooDolars if I want to upgrade it and Cinema is not good enough...

So: What about take back upgrading items, without destroying recyclation?
    Be sure, that I think, that deleting upgrade items is not good idea... :(

(Sorry, if my english is sometimes bad, I study it only 9 years)

[​IMG]

donademene and .Adamantia. like this.
  9. Fluse

Hello DarkryCZ (wave),

Thank you very much for your feedback. The items for upgrading the Secret Zoo - the tools - are not deleted from the game at the moment, you see them when you click on the forest part of the secret zoo for expansion. There you can use your existing tools for expansion together with zoo dollars. In the beginning of next year, we will change the expansion mechanics a bit so that also the secret zoo expands automatically when you reach the necessary level. :) This will be a lot easier and we want to establish a consistent mechanic for all zoo parts for you. This is also necessary for implementing new zoo parts - and a lot of our players are wishing to get more space. ;)

Our zoo game is developing together with our new challenges to get a deeper gameplay and more features - and we still hope that you enjoy playing. (angel)We will keep you updated about what will come in 2015 and what we plan to generate even more gaming fun for all of you.

Have a nice pre-christmas time and in case you already created some christmassy theme area in your zoo, feel free to post it here in this thread. We are soo curious. (party)

Hugs and kisses (hug)

Fluse

10. Carlos.Daniel

Here is one of my Thematic Areas is not yet complete !
    :confused:,:p..

Issue Areas:Ice , desert , savannah, tundra, wasteland , water.:)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These pictures are in Zoomumba page on facebook, so I can compete at that roulette !! (chuckle)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  11. DarkryCZ

DarkryCZ Forum-Greenhorn

Fluse thank you...
    Now, I know, what I need... :)
    I hope, that it will be better :)
    Thanks for nice words and Merry Christmas for you too! :) and 4 every english players too ;)
    I can´t wait for that up-date :)

-Real CZ Darkry! :)

[​IMG]

donademene, Carlos.Daniel and Fluse like this.
  12. Carlos.Daniel

DarkyCZ you are that old DarkCruz the Portuguese forum?

donademene likes this.
  13. pek712

pek712 All knowing Oracle

Here is my ice arrangement:
    [​IMG]

donademene, gv10, Fluse and 3 others like this.